Seeking Expert Advice for Completing My High-End Workstation Build

Hello everyone,

I’m currently in the process of building a high-performance workstation and I’ve made significant progress in acquiring some key components. However, I’ve reached a point where I could really use your expertise and suggestions to complete this build. Here’s what I have so far:

• CPU: AMD Threadripper Pro 5995WX
  • GPUs: Two PNY NVIDIA A6000
  • Motherboard: Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II

With these powerhouse components, I’m aiming for a workstation that can handle intensive tasks like 3D rendering, machine learning, and other professional-grade applications.

I’m seeking your advice on the following components:

1. Power Supply: Given the high power requirements of my components, especially the dual GPUs, what would be the best power supply to ensure stability and efficiency? I’m looking for something reliable and ideally with some headroom for future upgrades. (I am a considering Dark power 13 1300W)
  2. RAM: For the Threadripper Pro 5995WX, I need RAM that can match its performance. I’m considering high-capacity and fast modules but I’m not sure about the optimal configuration and brand. What would you recommend in terms of speed, size, and brand for professional workloads? (aiming to have at least 256GB of ram)
  3. Case: Last but not least, I need a case that can not only fit these components comfortably but also provide excellent cooling and ease of maintenance. Aesthetics are a secondary concern. (I am considering Fractal Design Define 7 XL but I am not sure about the size and cable management)

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

nothing wrong with anything you picked.
if you want 256 gigs of ram go with 8x32 3200.
as for the case its BIG.
so you will need longer cables on your psu.

psu. go with a manufacturer like superflower or seasonic.
rather than a brand like corsair.

Honestly in this price bracket just go to a system integrator like Puget systems imo. Look at what parts they selected if you don’t want to purchase directly from them

1 Like

Don’t forget storage!