Securing CMS to Database connection

Hi there,

Maybe my terminology is kind of wrong, but I’m trying to secure the connection between my CMS to my database.

I will be using Azure PostgreSQL. My webserver is using TLS 1.3. Does Azure PostgreSQL also support TLS 1.3 connections, so that I can keep using the same security everwhere?

My goal is to ensure the security between my server and my database server as much as possible. I have no experience using third party database servers yet, so I don’t know what to expect.

Thanks for the reply. I usually use DO, Vultr or Linode for the CMSs. I would like to make my setup with a 1 database to rule them all, and azure postgresql seems to be priced within my budget.

My firewall and auth methods are pretty much Fort Knox’ed.

As for the 1.3, I usually go for the ssl labs A+ report, and I kind of pride myself on that front. That is why I would like to have 1.3 between all of my services. So the only way I can do that is to use the same zone, and by that I take it you mean my VPS got to be in the M$ cloud as well?

Since it is Azure, use NSGs & ASGs to create rules to allow that sort of communication.