Second Monitor not detected - PAAG-E3122B

Hello folks,

I recently purchased the PAAG-E3122B KVM. Everything is going well so far (by that I mean all of my issues far have been PEBCAK, which means this one may as well!), however I am having one particular issue regarding connecting the second monitor to the display that I have not been able to resolve.

Both monitors are connected to the correct inputs on the KVM, and each will work when connected to the first DP input - connecting either to the secondary KVM monitor input appears to do nothing. Even having only one monitor connected to this second DP input on the KVM results in no image.

Whichever monitor connected to the working DP input is detected and displayed, while whichever one connected to the second DP input is not.

Note that there are no monitors or unknown devices detected in Device Manager - and the monitor does not detect any input.

This issue is the same whether I am connected to the first pc (home desktop, DP cable from graphics card to KVM) or my work laptop (HDMI to DP adapter with external USB power).

Tried:
Swapping cables - no change
Updating display drivers - no change
Connecting directly to graphics card - this works

Please let me know what other information may be relevant - or what silly things I have forgotten.

Thanks

Can you post some pics of your setup? Back of the KVm, cables into PC, etc?

As long as you promise not to vomit at my cable management!

Out at the moment, will update with pics when able - thanks.

KVM Back DP Description:
Top - DP to desktop Graphics Card
Middle - DP to HDMI Adapter (Laptop)
Bottom Left - Primary Monitor DP (works)
Bottom Right - Secondary Monitor DP (does not work)

Had to drop one of the photos, as I can only upload two as a new user.

ok so you need a second DP connection from each computer into the KVM for the second monitor to work? Otherwise the bandwidth would be limited to what a single DP connection can do.

Uou can use an active HDMI to DP adapter (usb powered) probably to get the second connection on the desktop. Looks like maybe that’s what is on the laptop?

so hook that up to your desktop and confirm you get two displays on your desktop, one hdmi, one dp?

Ya know, that’s the kind of thing that seems obvious now that you say it, but I did not think of.

Will give that a shot and update. Thanks!

And that works! Thanks, I was sure it was something silly. Also answers the question of why there’s two DP connections per computer - duh.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.