Screen in Background of 2015 Videos

There is a computer sitting in the background/backdrop of some of Wendell's videos. The monitor is in portrait mode, and it appears to be scrolling through lines of code. It's really cool. I've included a screenshot from a video about running Word on Windows on Linux using VirtualBox. The monitor is highlighted with a red rectangle. Thank you for taking the time to make videos, Wendell and team. You are all awesome!

Link to example video for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA8wwIGgCGs

What is it exactly you want to know about the monitor?

What's going on? What is it displaying? I'm curious what Wendell would find necessary to have a constant feed of information from. I'm sorry I forgot to include that in my original post. Silly me. Lol.

Maybe he's compiling something.

Maybe. But, there are a lot of videos and he has the same thing going on. I'm hoping its something more interesting than that. Maybe he's monitoring network traffic or CPU tasks. Something cool, I hope.

@wendell

Literally the webserver log for this site at the time of the video

7 Likes

Thanks for answering! I thought it'd be something like that. Has it ever proven useful? Did you catch any malicious threats? Lol.

What about the 9 monitors in the background. I remember in one of the videos they had looping GUI stuff running.

Yeah looked like access logs.