Screaming off the roof, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

rts.

1 Like

Even tho I am over the age for adoption. ( is a limit even in place )

Having a parent that works for a aerospace company would be cool.

Wanna be my father?

:P

/s

1 Like

\\over and out

2 Likes

Well, take care my friend.

Although it was brief, our time together had no shortage of entertainment and perplexed responses.

I hope you find what you're looking for out there, be it a kernel patch, "fun times with your wife", and/or general mental stability.

o7

1 Like

I will never switch to Linux. Okay, I said it. I just don't see the benefits for someone who is not in IT, software engineering, tinkerers etc, etc.

I imagine most people don't use it because they see little benefit/reward. Personally, I fall in that category of people. I like making computers, benchmarking, gaming and internet shit in general but I just don't see any benefit of moving away from a Windows environment...I just see a headache.

Although you undoubtedly use more devices that run linux than devices that run commercial closed source software consoles (TV, alarm system, Refrigerator, Music system, Android phone, Tablet, medical diagnostics and treatment devices when you visit the hospital, the servers off of which you're being provides the "Windows 10 Service", your car's management system, etc...), everybody is free to use what they want on their PC, so your choice is your choice. The benefit of actually learning linux is that you understand it, so that you gain the choice of config and setup for everything, including all of the linux devices you use without even realising that you do. If you feel like you don't want to control the devices that control your life, that's also a choice that is part of your freedom though, all we can do is point it out.

Never? confident windows will last forever? then again Mac and BSD are also choices

I had the same attitude 2 years ago. Took the 1yr Linux challenge and everything changed. If you don't enjoy learning then stick with windose. There are many benefits to Linux.

Btw I don't understand the direction of this thread. OP is a polar bear.

It was his swan song.

He wanted to go out with a bang....

Or maybe he wanted to go out like a polar bear.....

@Zoltan

Maybe lock this thread?

OP was venting an completed with deleting all his posts and wiping his account. (iCQ)

Thread now turning into generic linux ranting...

1 Like

What a cool and interesting guy.

He left us too soon...

May he RIP in the shadows of lurking.

EidolonFIRE is correct.

Thread closed.