My work in progress: still awaiting my b550 motherboard, thermalright PA mini cooler, 32Gb of DDR4 3200 that should come in tomorrow, Ryzen 3900xt at a later date…soonish to replace the current 5500 (part picking my way around the hardware apocalypse) to upgrade the desktop. Then use the a320m motherboard, existing 16GB of RAM I already had in my desktop, and a spare 3400G that I had lying around, a Intel NIC that I’m pulling out of a old socket 2011 power edge server I have in storage to build a PFsense or OPNsense firewall to go along with my existing pinhole running on a RP4 2GB. Then selling the 5500 along with the 1070 8GB I started with initially ( downward spiral of hardware swapping)
ohh all while living out of a hotel room while I work at a nearby data center for BMS integration ![]()
4-node GPU cluster running fully private, self-hosted AI:
Hardware:
• Desktop (Node 1): Ryzen 5 5500, RTX 5060 Ti 16GB, 16GB DDR4
• Jetson #1 (Node 2): Orin Nano Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe
• Jetson #2 (Node 3): Orin Nano Super 8GB, 256GB NVMe
• G14 (Node 4): Ryzen AI 9 HX, RTX 5070 Ti 12GB, 32GB RAM, 4TB NVMe
Network: GL-AXT1800 with static IPs, SSH key auth, UFW firewall, Tailscale remote access
Services running: Ollama (12 models), Open WebUI, ComfyUI, Chatterbox TTS, Whisper STT, Piper TTS on Jetsons
Travel kit: Jetsons + G14 + GL-AXT1800 — fully self-contained, desktop accessible remotely via Tailscale
