Sarge's home networking blog

By all means keep using it if it works for you

1 Like

hmmm maybe I mispoke.

Before putting my foot any further in my mouth, let me crack open my book (its been awhile)

1 Like

I literally just chose the largest one and said Ill have so much I don’t need to worry lmao

Are you running more than 255 devices/vms?

1 Like

Well, you can basically run your own internet if the main one ever gets shut down.

2 Likes

well no…

at least not yet

1 Like

No lmao I just chose it for giggles and partially to troll novasty because he got triggered by it

BRB gonna go pull a bank job and then we can start :troll: We should start with building the power plant… Im thinking thorium nuclear reactor /s

1 Like

ah yes, I was confusing the different network ranges with the number of subnets available to that class type.

Sgt, you’d be fine with the 192 /16.

2 Likes

5 Classes of IPv4 Addresses [Class A, B, C, D and E].

Theres this but IDK how accurate it is

tha fuck, never heard of D&E, only ABC

2 Likes

Its because they are research and multicast

1 Like

probably IP6?

1 Like

No hes correct that its IP4

1 Like

hmmm interesting.

1 Like

oh, rights.

That’s the “not used” stuff

2 Likes

Ive messed with D once. When I was hacking up the cable modem to load my own firmware and unlock speeds illegally back a long time ago. (Hard to do with Encryption now). DOCSIS 3.1 got much more secure lol

1 Like

Good thing ISPs started providing reasonable speeds.

Gigabit go brrrrr

2 Likes

Im ready for starlink even at a throughput sacrifice. The ping to the other side of the world is second to none. Someone is getting 37 ms to Australia from Wyoming. Top Kek

Show me what terrestrial connection can get 37 ms across the world. Ill wait

1 Like

y’all are going to make me have to go back to school to be able to carry on a conversation

4 Likes

the irony im appreciating here is I went to engineering school and don’t know shit about this

And sarge didn’t even go to school

2 Likes