Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x OC Fail

I have had 2 of these cards fail on me in a row. First one lasted a couple days, the second one about 20 minutes. I tried everything to get these cards to work but the screen just says no signal. Fans will be spinning and it will be getting power but no signal.

I tried updating MOBO BIOS

clearing cmos,

BIOS switch on the card

switching 12v rails

switching PCIE slots

switching pcie cables

putting it in a 2nd machine

I got this paired with a Rosewill Hercules 1600w PSU, I was wondering if it was the culprit, but my old GPU works fine in there, and again it didnt work on the other rig either. 

Rig 1

ASUS Maximus VII Hero

i7 4770k

Team Vulcan 8GB ram

Hercules 1600w PSU

Rig 2

ASUS Crosshair Formula V 

FX8350

G skill trident 16 GB 

Raidmax 1200w PSU

So I am just in disbelief here I really dont know what else to do so I am reaching out to you guys to give me some advice, or at the very least let people know this is happening with these cards. Thank you.

are you sure its the gpu? and not a other part in the computer?

takeout the gpu, and connect your monitor to the onboard video port on the mobo, just determine if its the gpu, or maybe something else.

Also try a diffrent pci-e slot.

I did both of those things, the rest of the rig is fine I have my old Powercolor 7870 in there and its working fine, on-board graphics are also good.

yeah then its obvious, a dead card again.

Sapphite cards usualy not die that often. so you maybe just have bad luck, or there was maybe a grounding issue somewhere going on.

Are you connecting the card via DVI? Multi-monitor setup?

Is the primary display set to PCI-Express (vs On-board) in your BIOS?

Have you tried a different set of drivers?

It looks like a person over at OCN is having a similar issue. You may want to follow their posts to see if they found a resolution http://www.overclock.net/t/1436497/official-amd-r9-290x-290-owners-club/26430#post_22555499

Using HDMI Single monitor 1080p. Also tried using dvi as well. As far as that BIOS display setting goes I didnt try that, but these cards worked for a period, like I used the first one for a few days and all of a sudden while watching youtube its went to no signal. Second one I was playing a game for like 20 minutes and then it happened again. And like I said I tried it in another rig.

Is it possible that if enough power is trying to be drawn from my psu that it is somehow doing this to the cards? Like some weird short or something? It hasnt effected any of the other compnents so hmm weird, I got my Powercolor HD7870 GHz Ed. in here now and its running like a champ.

Never using new egg again wow lol

Sally: Hi, my name is Sally. How may I help you?
 trevor krouskop: Im having a bummer day sally
 trevor krouskop: So i just returned a GPU because every one you sent me was defective, it came with FREE GIFFT of games, valued at 150, even though none of those games were worth 150 because they area ll old games. You guys refunded me and took the 150 out, im not sure why i am the one being punished for you giving me bad cards 3 times in a row. I would really like my money so i can get another card, ive never been treated this poorly by you guys.
 Sally: Hi Trevor. Thank you for providing me with that information. I will be more than happy to assist you. May I please have the order number or RMA number?
 trevor krouskop: 60500860
 Sally: Thank you for that information. May I place you on hold while I look into this for you?
 trevor krouskop: sure
 Sally: Thank you for holding. Will you please verify the full name on the account?
 trevor krouskop: Constance Krouskop
 Sally: Thank you! To whom I am talking to?
 trevor krouskop: Her son trevor, i use her account to purchase for the both of us
 Sally: Ok, just a second for me to check this please. 
 Sally: Thank you for holding. May I please know if you still have the free item?
 trevor krouskop: yes
 Sally: Did you use it?
 trevor krouskop: yup
 trevor krouskop: its free
 trevor krouskop: i dont know why i am paying for it
 Sally: Unfortunately, for the free item, if you have used it and you asked for the refund on the VGA, the refund amount will be deducted.
 trevor krouskop: You realize that is complete crap right? and i am basically being punished for being sent 3 paperweights, im just asking for store credit so i can use it on another card
 trevor krouskop: you are still getting my money
 trevor krouskop: ive used you guys to build 4 complete rigs, probably spent over 6000 dollars over the different accounts. do you guys really want to lose a customer like that?
 Sally: I am sorry for your situation. If you have redeemed the free item, and requested refund on this item, we could not process full refund back to you. 
 Sally: I am sorry for your situation. If you would like to return the item for refund, please do not redeem the free item and this is for your future reference..
 Sally: All I could say is sorry for this. :(
 trevor krouskop: I highly doubt those games cost you 150 lol
 Sally: Trevor, I am sorry for your situation but the free item has not been return to us, we could not process this full refund.
 trevor krouskop: ITS FREEEEEEEE
 Sally: But it belongs to part of the VGA. If you need a refund, you would need to have the free item returned to us. 
 trevor krouskop: how do you refund a free item please tell me...
 Sally: Unfortunately, the free item has been redeemed by you. Therefore, we could not process refund on this.
 trevor krouskop: you are charging me for fre games
 trevor krouskop: Thats bull yes you can
 Sally: If you have not use the free item, we will process refund of this. 
 Sally: For the confusion and inconvenience, I would like to issue you a $20 Newegg gift card for the free item as we value you. The gift card will arrive via email and is good for 90 days. If this is an acceptable resolution for you please let me know and I will gladly issue it for you.
 trevor krouskop: OK, you are charging me for a free gift after ive been through helll with you guys sending me three dead cards in a row, and for my ffrustration youre putting me out 150 bucks?
 trevor krouskop: you guys realize thats not taking care of people right
 trevor krouskop: dont offer free anything ever again
 trevor krouskop: yeah you can send me 20 plus 130
 Sally: I am sorry but this is decided by our marketing team. I understand your feelings but a $20 gift card is the most I could help you.
 trevor krouskop: if you valued me, and you should as much as i have spent you wouldnt be doing this to me
 Sally: Unfortunately, a $20 is the most I could assist you as you have used the free item.
 trevor krouskop: Your marketing team is soul less lol
 Sally: Would you like to accept the $20 gift card?
 trevor krouskop: you guys are unbelievable hahahaha
 trevor krouskop: no
 trevor krouskop: on pprinciple
 Sally: I apologize for being unable to help you this time. 
 Sally: Do you have other questions?
 trevor krouskop: lost thousands in future sales over a free game  package that you probably didnt have to pay 150 to dish out
 trevor krouskop: really smart guys
 Sally: Do you have any other question?

She ( or he ) kept cool . I would not have lasted that long xD