An ‘Adult’/ Professional Developer’s prospective
What Samsung Dex on a Note 9 does well:
- RDP, SSH, VNC
- Desktop environment using Samsung proprietary dock
- Mobile workstation using External Screen, bluetooth keyboard, and usb mouse
- Gaming COD mobile, Xbox streaming app, and steam app for my pc games
How I worked:
I have a home server which has 2 instance’s of windows 10 for my work and personal development.
How I played games:
Same home server which had box with my pc component. Wake on lan to activate when I need it. and used in home steam streaming.
I also used Xbox streaming app. (works amazing on ethernet). Finally ive been playing mobile COD…
This is nice cause i can sit with my wife and play on the couch, but then walk to my pc and just use it.
- I can only use a single display. NOTE* if you have a single 32" widescreen or larger, this is a non issue.
- Buggy shift key using RDP
- Most apps would not be scale-able
Is this for you?
If you dont have a large wide screen then no… not being able to use dual or triple monitors as a developer is horrible.
but the phone simply cant handle two outputs.
Are you a hardcore gamer that has tons of time? No. The Gamer gods will be ashamed with your resolution.
Are you a professional that needs to vpn in and get work done while managing multiple servers, developing and would love to game
when possible? Could be.
Let me know if you want a more indepth topic on what exactly my setup looks like and its cons