Safe Config State Reporting for Support Tickets?

Hi There,

Question: is there software to capture, safely, sensitive items (like passwords in wordpress configs!!!) config and process calls to compare against viable stacks for a kind of quick-look comparison of what might be going wrong? I feel like I’m asking for something way more complicated than I know, but I feel like it should exist. I ought to be able to start something, initiate the error, and capture all referenced config files (i’m really thinking php.ini, apache.conf, wp-config to start :), and compare vs. a viable VM under same or similar enough distro for a quick difference. For example, if I was missing ServerName or assets locations are default localhost when they should be some static IP. I dunno. I feel like there’s a bunch of aggregate time wasted on quick stack setups for early projects and no good tool to ask for help in a succinct way.

Background:
I recently broke my FreeNAS box upgrading, failed multiple times at configuring LAMP and LNMP (trying it with NGINX). I almost cried inside when I brought my cloned VM to work and found that I couldn’t bridge to my wifi adapter. After submitting a ticked for FreeNAS jumbling my directory permissions and wonkifying my encryption for a sec, I simply stopped asking questions online after dealing with their support system/team/thing. Don’t even get me started with trying to install tensor flow in Windows. I get that installers can’t be perfect. But why can’t I compare settings versus a working machine! An AI could be trained for field and header names. I know that much.

Oh. Oh. Golang on FreeBSD too. Yeah. And Python. WTF. A biochemist does not need to rip his hair out. R. OMG. It seems to just break.