Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus NVMe 4.0 via ICY DOCK EZConvert MB705M2P-B - M.2 NVMe SSD to 2.5 adapter

would i still get near same speeds with Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus NVMe 4.0

Gen4 PCIe M.2(SB-RKT4P-1TB in a ICY DOCK EZConvert MB705M2P-B -

M.2 NVMe SSD to 2.5 adapter my motherboard has 1 m.2 slot thats used so

could i use this for 1 of the sata6 ports the interface runs at 6.0Gb/s right

so i should be able to get some of the SB-RKT4P-1TB mass speed ?

Wait so your trying to take Sabrent 1TB Rocket 4 Plus -> ICY DOCK EZConvert MB705M2P-B -> to what?

the ICY DOCK EZConvert MB705M2P-B give you a SFF-8639 interface, which is not the same as Sata

1 Like

If you have the budget and need more lanes for nvme, you could get a LSI HBA 9400 or 9500 series (or other pcie hba) + ToughArmor MB720M2K-B (m.2) or ToughArmor MB699VP-B(u.2) + the appropriate cables(see the recommended ones on the dock page).

This can turn 8 lanes of pcie to 16 (you’ll still be capped on bandwidth but will get more devices and if you arent slamming more then 8 lanes youll not notice the perf hit)

Not his is very not cost effective I have this set up on my home server and its over $200 in cables + $250+ in dock + $250+ in HBA , but you get a nice dock to hot swap if you need that ability and an HBA that can also be moved later to SATA/SAS later down the line.

So the ICY Dock converts M.2 to a 2.5" U.2 connection.

U.2 is still capable of NVMe speeds but it is not Sata.

Sata3 would have a maximum speed of around 550Mb/s which is much slower than M/U.2 speeds.

https://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=303

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.