Hey all, recently swapped from Intel (an nice old HP Z820) to a Ryzen 3900x, basically porting all the core hardware across. However, I can’t get my passthrough working on windows, even though it was flawless before on the intel chip.
So, I’m running:
- 3900x / Vega 56 (Sapphire) / Asus WS X570 Pro / Nvidia K600 for host
- I’m running a K600 in slot 3, and the Vega 56 in slot 1. The bios is set to slot 3 in the only place I can find.
- Qemu 5.0.0 (and rc0, same results so far)
- Enabled IOMMU (VFIO is grabbing the cards - https://gist.github.com/ukd1/055d33eb72a4ae78be0a4051018d1d9e#file-host-dmesg-txt-L2 + https://gist.github.com/ukd1/055d33eb72a4ae78be0a4051018d1d9e#file-host-dmesg-txt-L885)
- Enabled Virt in bios (can boot a vm fine)
- My QEMU config - https://gist.github.com/ukd1/055d33eb72a4ae78be0a4051018d1d9e#file-win-sh-L1
- host lspci output -https://gist.github.com/ukd1/055d33eb72a4ae78be0a4051018d1d9e#file-lspci-nnk
I get the following error from Qemu on startup, but not every time (?):
Failed to mmap 0000:0d:00.0 BAR 0. Performance may be slow
Windows just hangs on boot (I can see via VNC), and nothing appears on the screen. No idea how to debug this. So, installed ubuntu in a VM, added the GPU. It doesn’t crash, but doesn’t use the GPU. It’s listed in lspci in the vm. In dmesg in that vm, I get the following:
[ 2.704245] amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers: bar 0: 0xd0000000 -> 0xdfffffff
[ 2.704246] amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers: bar 2: 0xe0000000 -> 0xe01fffff
[ 2.704246] amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: remove_conflicting_pci_framebuffers: bar 5: 0xfe800000 -> 0xfe87ffff
[ 7.777788] [drm:atom_op_jump [amdgpu]] ERROR atombios stuck in loop for more than 5secs aborting
[ 7.777826] [drm:amdgpu_atom_execute_table_locked [amdgpu]] ERROR atombios stuck executing DA12 (len 279, WS 16, PS 4) @ 0xDB16
[ 7.777860] [drm:amdgpu_atom_execute_table_locked [amdgpu]] ERROR atombios stuck executing AA02 (len 228, WS 8, PS 4) @ 0xAAD6
[ 7.777894] [drm:amdgpu_atom_execute_table_locked [amdgpu]] ERROR atombios stuck executing 9DE4 (len 368, WS 0, PS 8) @ 0x9E5A
[ 7.777896] amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: gpu post error!
[ 7.777898] amdgpu 0000:01:00.0: Fatal error during GPU init
[ 7.777947] [drm] amdgpu: finishing device.
Pretty stuck. Thinking of trying to disable acpi, but other than that I’m kinda stuck / googled-out. Any suggestions welcome!