Ryzen Ram OC nightmare 2018 June/July UPDATE! 3600MHZ REACHED! Check updates at the bottom of the post! SOLVED! 29/06/2018

Ok I’ll leave that then.

So final stable settings so far:

1800x @4.1
Ram @3466
Voltages not nice @ Core Voltage 1.450 Dram @ 1.450
SOC 1.2125
Timings 16 17 17 17 37
Jdec results for sub timings.
Manual input for tRC 58 tRRD_S 7 tFAW 48 don’t seem to stick with auto although the manual settings are the same.
Can’t wait for a bios update!!
So yeah testing about to begin. Have a feeling I’ll be dropping back to 4.0 for stability across the board though.

Fingers crossed for me guys!

Final settings stable!

4.025Mhz CPU
3466Mhz RAM
Timings:
CPU volts 1.450
NB 1.2125
RAM 1.440
Timings as bios but set to manual
Ohm’s 60.

Further testing but 4.1 no go. 4.050 on the ragged edge of stability with hard lock or freeze ups after game testing. (GTA 5 ULTRA 4K single player Trevor at the port mission one.)

2 Likes

Impressive. :+1:

I have RYZEN 5 1600 on 3600Mhz…My RAM is 16Gb 2400 mhz kit X-FLARE (F4-2400C15 8GFXR)
Normaly on XMP1 2400 mhz 15-15-15-36 i got AIDA64 result: Read 36 GB/s write 37 GB/s 33GB/s copy
After overclocking it to 3066mhz with settings 18-18-18-42 got 45 GB/s read and 45 GB/s write 43GB/s copy.
Before bios update F8-10 i couldnt get stable memory overclock but with F-10 Bios update its stable on only 1.28V !!!
Thats ram for cheap :wink:

How is the min max on HWMON ? When I OC at 1.35V it max’s well into 1.4+ volts. Just would if your getting spikes or not.

Update! (2018 June) I now have the Asus Hero Crosshair VI. I now have my 1800x stable at 1.450V @4.150! Also have my RAM at 3466 stable rock solid!

Now the big question for all of you!?

I can post and run benches at 3600mhz, even 3666mhz with Volts at 1.460 (ouch right) but! I get random crashes with BSOD’s and diferent errors each time to the eventually get back to memory related then full system instability and failure to post after the 5-6th time it crashes and goes to post then shuts down and so on to then have to do a CMOS clear to try it all over again. I get about 5 mins into games at these speeds and crash to desktop otherwise but hitting some crazy Cinebench numbers in stress testing (average of 3 tests back to back.) 1852cb scores even lol.

What am in doing wrong to not get full stability!? 3466mhz in the bios pre-set profile easy click and go! 3600mhz pre-set click and go but random instability issues!? I’ve also tried the Ryzen RAM OC Calculator software and same problem with the reccomended and alt settings, so i’m at a loss right now.

I’m running the same RAM just with this new beast of a board now. I can hit 4.20ghz on the CPU but at 1.460V easily and rock solid stable but the volts i’m a bit iffy about for 24/7 hence why i’m on 4.150ghz (or 1.45535V for 4.075ghz) for the CPU instead at 1.450V.

Can someone please, god please, help me with timings and stability please! I’m setting up my Youtube channel soon and if someone can help me acheive atleast 3600/3666 as well rock solid i’m going to do a how to video step by step and also mention who ever helped me acheive this along with a mention to Level one Techs obviously too!

Please guys help me get theses timings out to the public and lets show the community that super high RAM speeds are really acheivable and to show the community how to exactly acheive these with RYZEN finally!

Please any ideas would help and i can do these in real time as i’ll be on my laptop at the same time as trying everything with your comments while on the PC. I also have a discord server, so if you want to hop on mic we can do this is real time too!

Please guys help!

Have you looked into the Ryzen DRAM Calculator (no link handy, google it).

You can input your memory ICs, desired speed, etc. and it will calculate all the timings for you, as per the following screenshot.

edit:
timings for my non b-die cheap ddr-3000 kit…

I’ve seen that over on OCN but it’s a windows program to download. Is there an online version?

No idea, that’s all i know of.

Still, download windows 10 ISO, spin up VM, don’t activate, just use for that sort of thing.

Yeah, no. I’m not doing that. I asked over on the OCN thread if there is an online version. I’ll post back if I get a positive response.

FINAL UPDATE!

Guess what guys!?

Hehehehe I got there!!

This Trident Z RAM Kit:

Solid and stable across the board 24/7 and all safe Volts and Ghz!

Enjoy acheiving 3600Mhz guys! Long story short Thaiphoon burner:
http://www.softnology.biz/

Download and run, get SPD timings for your RAM and top timings and bottom timings:

Look at the bottom timings first and enter them into your Bios RAM timings and the rest from the top line (1067) and set the rest as they are from auto to what ever they are currently showing in the bios as set numebers and not AUTO, set your V to 1.460 for the RAM and then boot, post and restart then tighten timings by taking them down logially one step at a time.

As you can see my timings are 18,19,19,19,39 the 39 take down 2 points each time you take the other above timings down 1 step:
17,18,18,18,37 for example and then if you can get to my timings or lower tell me as i’ve settled here, could get tighter but it’s been months as you can see to get to this point!

I also have the latest Asus Bios for my new board also, make sure you have the latest bios!

Any questions please post and i’ll try to help you get to where I am finally too!

P.s the RAM OC Calculator software is shit! Don’t use it.

Good luck otherwise guys!

Make sure your RAM Boot Voltage is the same as your main Voltage setting. Mine is 1.460V as you can see in the main bios and the power management (Digi+) tab too.

Yes, its clunky. Worked for me and plenty of others though. Does what it says…