Ryzen R9 3900x Availability

I’m starting to thank that as well… regarding the 3950X. I was hoping that the heftier price tag would slow some folks down - but I don’t think so. Also as you said it seems that a lot of folks haven’t even bothered with 3900X or others SKU’s and are specifically holding out for 3950x. So now it’s how to figure out how cats are able to buy something within like 5 minutes of getting the alert something is in stock - Bots I guess…

So I decided to take the plunge and purchased the following:

Gigabyte Aorus Master x570
Ryzen R7 3800x
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler, cause I don’t do BLING
Corsair 32GB, 3200 DDR4, the LPX style cause I don’t do BLING
Gigabyte 2TB, NVMe, Gen4 SSD

After placing my Amazon order last night, I received an update from Newegg stating that the 3900x was back in stock.

By the time I checked they were sold out again and some third party was trying to scalp one for over $849 :frowning:

1 Like

Good for you ! I got a 3800X with the master - I’m having fun with it tinkering and all.

Got the same notification today within five minutes - Sold out!

Hehe, so we both got the TROLL email from Newegg, just great :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And to top things off I needed a new set of 4 Tires today, man I’ve now had to outlay around $2500 in the past two days…

Looks like Newegg has raised their price too - showing as $519.99 (seller Newegg). Out of stock of course…

Hmm, a $20.00 surcharge over MSRP is not too bad but still, why ?

It’s really like concert scalpers, yes I do know peeps will sometimes break and pay these surcharges but really it just plain sucks :frowning:

This is pretty normal, just a way to make money on early adopters.

I think I noticed something similar when the 9900k was released too but since I was not looking at the time I didn’t pay much attention.

Rule of acquisition number 10 - Greed is eternal.

1 Like

Indeed, too bad I didn’t pay much attention to the RULES of the Ferenghi :stuck_out_tongue:

I just finished building the new machine, creating a USB media install tool for Windows 10 now.

Looks like my old mobo had an extra SATA controller and now I’m short due to how many HDD’s I have in my old Full Tower chassis.

Looks like I will need to add another 4 or 8 port SATA card.

Going to look for any Gen4 devices now but since these are all spinning rust I can’t use those fancy NVMe to PCIe cards.

EDIT: Forgot just how many HDD’s I had in this case and why I got that ASUS TUF X99 mobo :wink:

1 Like

So I ran into some snags on this build, looks to be related to the firmware and/or RAM speed settings.

I was getting random CTD’s in some games like Skyrim SE and ESO.

So I updated the firmware to the latest version and then did a load Optimal defaults on the BIOS/CMOS setup screen, saved and exited and now running the RAM at a paltry 2133 for about a week to confirm the system is stable.

So far so good.

Sometime this weekend I will probably bump up the speed to 2666 and then run at this speed for another week to confirm.

Not sure I will be able to bump it up to the rated speed of the kit or not, 3200, but I will keep trying a speed bump until I reach the rated speed or if the games start exibiting the same CTD issues.

1 Like

I tested my trusty kit of Corsair Vengeance LPX -(2x16) CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 v5.32 and it worked fine - 16-18-18-36 @1.35v IIRC the bios version of the master at the time was F5j and I think I had to set the DRAM voltage manually - but the kit ran @ 3200 stable (karhu mem test) . I’ve been through many kits since then they have all worked well. I’ve stuck to BIOS F5l everything has been solid for me so haven’t updated. I may update bios if I decide to pull the 3800X off and put on this new 3900X (I broke down and drove the 3 hour round-trip to Microcenter).

1 Like

That is the revision I just updated to, but I had an earlier version of the firmware installed.

So this maybe just a case of getting the latest version installed.

All I did initially was to load the XMP profile and save that.

So far however it is running stable so I still plan on bumping up the speed to 2666 an testing at that speed.

Have you tried using the DRAM Calculator For Ryzen by 1usmus? It has MEMbench bundled in so you can test your RAM settings and know easily if it’s stable or not in less than an hours worth of testing.

I used it to help me tweak my memory to 3333 at 14-14-14-14-30-1T at 1.36V. that’s with 4x8GB sticks on Zen+ mind. I’m fairly sure I could get this kit to run 3466 at 14-14-15-14-30-1T at ~1.4V if I can fiddle with it some more.

Really useful to have the MEMbench tool to help detect errors, that way you don’t risk any data corruption down the line.

Thanks for the tips, I will check it out.

AMD has SHI listed as a seller from the 3900x product page. $570.00 availability coming soon. Maybe California on the 6th Sept.
update: NEXT warehouse and SHI are now listing inventory around October 1st. AMD does a great job of selling us on the cpu and poor job supplying us with it. Amazon services has one for $582.00 I ordered coming Sept 12 - 18. Today there at $590.77

Memory Express in Canada has 3 TOTAL in the Vancouver area. No markup, it’s selling at MSRP.

Someone on Amazon is trying to sell them for $1700 Canadian…that’s more than the RTX 2080ti or 32-core Zen+ Threadripper

1 Like

Cyber Monday rush has cleared out almost all inventory. Ryzen is pretty much sold out at every brick and mortar store I went to. Black Friday was when EVERYONE chose to upgrade to Ryzen.