Ryzen Pre-Week 25 fabrication RMA issue

The script is broken by now with new GCC and newer kernels and needs to be patched.

I’ve since forgotten what the fix was.

The script seems to download a gcc - 7.1.0. Furthermore, when testing the CPU the same version of Ubuntu the author used (17.04) should be downloaded. Thus, I think it is still in working condition and as posted above I used roughly three weeks ago…

I just had a chat with Amazon’s support and I’ll get a complete refund. Therefore, I’ll go ahead and purchase a 2700X :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Think about that carefully, the X parts have the stupid temp offset.
If you want to control stuff yourself that can get in the way.

They reported about 20°C more, didn’t they?

Yeah, I think that was the exact number actually.
Do you OC manually? And how does your cooling setup look like?

1 Like

I did not overclock my 1700X, but I undervolted it without any problems.

Currently I’m using the be quiet! Silent Loop 280. With this AIO my CPU doesn’t go above 35° while gaming. I’ve stress-tested it with prime95, but I forgot the temperature it hit.

But due to an obnoxious pump noise I’m refunding this AIO as well and I got a NXZT Kraken 62 instead.

Even though I like overclocking, right now I’m much more into undervolting since I have no need for the extra performance overclocking offers. That being said, I might change my opinion in a couple of years. Overclocking made Witcher 3 playable on my 2500k :slight_smile:

With that cooling solution and no urge to overclock right away, go X! :+1:

1 Like

Ok thx :wink:

I know it’s an overkill, but I like cool PC components :smiley:

1 Like

Just received my 2700X :slight_smile:

newcpu

I’ll probably undervolt it in the coming days, but I should create a new thread for this I suppose :smiley:

Out of interest, which board/chipset are you running it on ?

My 1800x doesnt appear to have a temp offset. It appears to hit around 20c on idle and 50 on load.

I have the ASRock X370 Taichi

1 Like