Ryzen instability in Witcher 3

and +25% more barrels? :smiley:

1 Like

Since you have a 1st gen Ryzen, you might have a CPU that is affected by the Linux segfault issue. I know you are not running Linux, but I think some users reported that they had such a faulty CPU and had occasional crashes under Windows too, when running Ashes of the Singularity.
Might want to test your CPU under Linux https://github.com/suaefar/ryzen-test/blob/master/kill-ryzen.sh to check if you have a defective CPU.
If you do get segfaults under Linux, AMD support should be able to replace your CPU for free. (in the EU they even pay all the shipping costs for RMAs, if you contact them directly for RMA)

I exchanged my CPU due to segfaults in early 2018. The one I have since then does not segfault to hell and back.

I my ears it sounds abit like some M$ special sauce where the game require some rediculessly random feature only supported by windows 10.
M$ dropped support for windows < 10 and ryzen cpus.

Since the spring windows update I have had bad stuttering and occasional crashing in CPU intensive areas like Novigrad with my rig (2700x, MSI x470 Gaming M7, 32gb dual rank 3000mhz ram, gtx 1080 at the time). It was worse with Gsync on. I made it better by right clicking the .exe and disabling windows full screen optimization. Still had stuttering but was mostly stable. As of the latest Nvidia driver (it had the fix listed in patch notes) and bios update to agesa 1.0.0.4c it is fixed completely. Not sure with an AMD GPU though. Are you using freesync?