Ryzen controller install

Can anyone provide the full install process of ryzen-controller on ubuntu and rhel.

I followed this guide

ryzen controller install

The guide is missing several new dependencies on both ubuntu and rhel

I couldn’t even build on rhel/fedora I get this error

No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

I’ve been using Linux Mint 20.3 on all my systems without issue.

The last day I’ve tried installing ryzen-controller on Linux Mint 20.3, Linux Mint 21 and now Fedora.

My computer’s aren’t really usable without ryzen controller. I’m afraid of just updating my two Linux Mint 20.3 installs in fear of ryzen-controller breaking.

For whatever reason Ryzen Controller isn’t working with any distro or hardware I through at it.

ignore

No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found

just missing dependency, but ryzen controller still isn’t working on any distro. I’m starting to wonder if this has to do with a windows update.

I dual boot windows with linux. Can windows update install a bios update? I’m starting to wonder if a bios update is causing Ryzen Controller not to work anymore.

I’ve already messed in the bios turning secure boot off and on, but a BIOS update could be the culprit.

As i descend further into madness. I copied my RyzenAdj dir from a computer that was working with ryzen-controller.

Then on a system not working with ryzen-controller. I deleted RyzenAdj dir and pasted other RyzenAdj dir and ryzen-controller began working.

Makes about zero sense…

It would appear as though building RyzenAdj isn’t working in ubuntu/rhel right now, but since I have a prebuilt RyzenAdj I can simply apply it to new systems to get it up and running.