Ryzen 7 1700X and ASRock X370 Taichi slowdown

I wanted to throw this out there as this is something I experience.

It seems that audio streams like mumble, VBAN and Discord suffer from slowdowns as soon as something is being downloaded on the machine.

For now there are 0 overclocking ongoing except for XMP profile for the memory to run at 3066Mhz.

Currently the system is running W10 Pro x64 with 2 Samsung Evo 850’s in Raid0 for OS and programs.
For me it smells a bit fishy and I suspect that the NIC drivers are the issue, but wanted to probe for similar experiences.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Can you describe these slowdowns a bit more?

Is it like buffering, so catching up later? Or Cutting out entirely skipping parts?

What sort of download rate do you have? Take a look in task manager and post some screenshots of the network bandwidth you’re using when downloading.

It’s like the audio starts to chop up into pieces with 50% of the content removed due to the stuttering.

The speed of the network goes between 100-300mbit, internal network is 1gbit and internet connection is 360mbit.

Which means that there should be more than enough room for other services to work okay while downloads are going.

The most common situation is when steam is downloading and it’s not even downloading to the system disk.

Furthermore Symless/synergy is also affected by this where the mouse movements are like moving around in molasses.

Hey,

have you tried installing the official driver which is provided by ASROCK? If not, this is the link to it. Maybe the driver Windows 10 installed has some hickups.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Drivers/Intel/LAN/Intel_Lan(v21.1).zip

I thought I did install it, but I shall do it again.
Just to make sure.

You can update these intel drivers from intels site too

Then my 850 evo jams when its too full, very similarly to what happens when hdd is dying, and that instead jams all three drives “850 & 960 evo’s & HyperX 3k” so that I have to relog to find anything at all like that indexing goes blank, super weird problem

Have to see how it goes, but I’ve updated the drivers and made sure that netlimiter and the likes are not present.

Shall report back once I’ve had time to properly tested it.

With limited testing, the majority of the problems seems to have been resolved.

I draw the conclusion that it was a mix of problems with the drivers and netlimiter4 as with the updated drivers, some problems still persisted.

Now with new drivers and netlimiter4 gone, it appears to be running as it should.

1 Like