Ryzen 7 1700 motherboard

I'm looking to purchase a motherboard that would be appropriate for my needs.

• It would be able to over-clock nicely
  • SLI and Crossfire support doesn't matter
  • m.2 slot
  • Has a decent I/O

I was looking at the Asus Cross-hair IV but I know I won't use most of those features.
All I really care about is to keep a stable Over-clock without having to worry about anything being damaged.

This is going to be my Linux machine where I experiment with lots of VMs ,what I will be programming on for school , playing games and other things that I want to test out.

Anyone has any good recommendations for a decent motherboard?
Price Range 150 USD to 250 USD.

Asrock X370 Taichi
if you want one of the best boards the am4 platform currently has too offer.

2 Likes

I was contemplating this but I'll look at a few more before I decide

Well yeah the Asrock Taichi and professional gaming are pretty much the best am4 motherboards wenn it comes to vrm design and such.
They also have a B-clock generator that eventually helps with overclocking memory.

If you want the best overclock experiance.

1: Asrock X370 professional gaming.
2: Asrock X370 Taichi.
3: Asus crosshair 6 Hero.
4: Aorus X370 gaming K7.

Those are pretty much the best X370 boards to get.

1 Like

Thanks, I am deciding for this because it is also a bit cheaper than the Formula six and I am aiming for great over-clocks. :smiley: :smiley:

The Asus Crosshair 6 Hero is a great looking board,
with a decent amount of feutures, and contains all the overclocking bells and whisles you need.
However the Asrock X370 Taichi for example, exally has a better vrm implementation then the more expensive Asus board.
Asrock and Asus exally use pretty much the same main components in the vrm implementation.
However the Asrock Taichi has 6+2 phase design doubled to 12+4 phases,