Ryzen 3600 4x NVMe Raid Crypto Build

I want to build an Ryzen 3600 Crypto build with the following specs

x370/x470 motherboard
4GB DDR4
Ryzen 3600
4x 512GB NVMe (2800MB’s Write/3500MB’s Read)
I want to have the SSD’s in RAID 0, on a x16 Asus Hyper m.2 Card
I want to use the x16 PCi-e main slot used for the GPU and use the secondary x4 slot for a crap GTX650 GPU enough for a Ubuntu Desktop.

I will be using this for GPG encryption of hopefully 12x 50GB files at once MAXing out the 3600 for 8 hours a day and having ZERO I/O wait.

I am on a budget so an 70 Euro MOBO and 4GB of RAM is my budget, my biggest expense is the CPU as my workload is CPU intensive.

Is it possible to have the full x16 lanes to the CPU to achieve this while using the x4 slot for the GPU?

Also what would be the best Cooling solution for a 3600 maxed out for 8 hours a day and could I get away with the Stock Cooler?

Is your NVMe raid card supported by the motherboard? If yes, you should get full throughput. GPU will work fine in a lesser bandwidth slot.

The stock cooler is designed for the rated TDP, as long as you can keep chassis ambient within spec, the cooler will work. If you unlock TDP in the bios however, you might want to look for beefier cooling.

Thanks for your reply you answered all my questions and raised another one, the m.2 card does not have a raid controller onboard the card it is similar to cards that come with Threadripper motherboards, it takes four x4NVMe SSD’s and passes them through to the CPU by way of a single x16 slot.

An 4 port NVMe raid card would be too much so I am relaying on the Motherboard RAID functionally to make the RAID Array and not a separate controller.

That’s an unknown area for me. Not sure how NVMe raid works, since the drives connect directly to the CPU rather than some controller chip like SATA. Maybe a feature built into the CPU?

The thing you want to check is if the motherboard supports “bifurcation” on the x16 slot, specifically x4/x4/x4/x4 … this allows four x4 devices to share the connection, instead of the first x4 device hogging the entire x16 connection (at x4 speed). This will be an option in the UEFI.

I have an x470 taichi, I’ll see what I can find about my board.

I’ve sat on a x399 taichi today, had the bifurcation option aswell… seems to be a model/series/manufacturer feature rather than chipset

X399 has it, as it’s a closer to a server/workstation chipset I’m thinking.

My Gigabyte x399 has bifurcation on all the directly connected slots. Of course, ripper has 60 pcie lanes compared to the ryzen 20 available for expansion slots.

I couldn’t find any such options in the manual for my x470 Taichi.

I have decided on the following Motherboard-processor option as the motherboard allows for dual NVM-e RAID

It has dual NVMe x4 slots and while using the second NVMe slot the main x16 slot runs at x8, which gives me much more bandwidth for my Graphics Card, and will allow me to use this machine as a Windows 10 Gaming setup in the evenings, as its Mini-ITX I can carry it back and forth to work with me.

The processor I am using is the 2700x, on further research I discovered for my workload I would need a 24 core+ threadripper processor to fully utilize the bandwidth of an 4x NVME RAID 0 setup.

This setup is the best of both worlds as its well within my budget and gives me dual NMVe RAID 0, if I get 6000 MB’s read/write I will be happy.

Thank you to all who posted for the input and any suggestions would be helpful.