Ryzen 3000 & Navi Megathread | Level One Techs

All I want to see is the Asrock X570 Creator! Also a question to Wendell, thunderbolt 3 is nice and all but the bandwidth is still frustratingly slow for some of the stuff that I would hope to do (such as have an external PCIe box that not only has a graphics card but also more high speed storage, networking, etc. This is of course possible using daisy chaining and multiple thunderbolt 3 cables but the latency and limited bandwidth seems to make it difficult to say the least). The thunderbolt 3 standard utilizes 4 PCIe 3.0 lanes to perform just about everything it does except video which I believe requires specific wires/connections for, would it be possible to run PCIe 4.0 over thunderbolt 3? I’m guessing not but I’m still in school and haven’t quite learned fully how IO connections like this work. On the flip side would it be possible to run a thunderbolt 3 port on just 2 PCIe 4.0 ports? That would be nice as far as having thunderbolt 3 on AMD notebooks.

No no, I get that… That’s also a synthetic benchmark, and software usually have optimisations and stuff for one or another architecture and instructions they donor do not use, it’s much more complex than just “look at cinebench”… I just didn’t expect to see any single core performance wins for Ryzen…

Ive got a thought… Ryzen 3 G versions with navi refresh might be fricken amazing for a tiny MITX box for the average living room PC?

Might build one for my parents haha

1 Like

newegg has really screwed this launch… the only way i can find the 3600 non X is in combos… but if you search carefully… you can see it show up (not in the results) in the related products list. wtf

fyi
3700x already sold out…
3900x on backorder…

2 Likes

I was all caught up with the 3700x, I forgot all about the 3400G.

hehe should could be a little jewl for MITX budget

If MITX crazy awesome tiny power pack build isnt an option

1 Like

I thought the 3400G wasnt on 7nm yet… its still on zen plus not zen2?

5 Likes

Dont trust any video editing perf benchmark unless they disclose whether they used quicksync or not

1 Like

Yeah. It’s a gen behind. :frowning:

1 Like

this is why I said refresh

1 Like

3 g chips won’t be zen 2

500 shares bought at 1.45$ im hype

5 Likes

im kinda bumbed with the r3 chips launched just boosted 2200g … wheres the 6 core r3 chips?

1 Like

The performance level of the Ryzen 9 CPUs seems insane and is probably as close to a long term investment as you can get in this field. So I ordered the 12-core, it’s gonna replace the 2700X on my X470 Taichi Ultimate. Gonna be fun to see what that chip can do, especially with my memory not being held back as badly. (2x8 4133 B-die)

But that was more or less expected. I’m more surprised by Navi and that it is competing pretty well within it’s price class. I’ll wait a bit for Sapphire to get something out and for the linux problems to get ironed out. But I might get me the XT if everything lines up.

How can you tell

Need to move to chiplet design first. :confused:

Should be in features, but if @wendell has one on hand, he can just chuck it into a vm and test it.

ill wait on the new chips i got a 2200g anyways i can wait for a zen 2 apu

i also am hype for the asrock aqua board that i will be getting once it can

1 Like

Will 3000 series drop into 400 series mobos or will there be UEFI shenanigans required?