Ryzen 2700X fully populated 64 GB Hynix Memory tweaking

So… I just got another 32 GB of RAM for my 2700x. Because i was originally a tight-fisted bastard (each kit was literally 2/3 the price of DDR4-3200 Samsung B-die), i got non-AM4 certified memory, Hynix. DDR4-16 GB dual rank modules.

G.Skill Part number: F4-3000C14D-32GTZ

I’ve had them (1 pair/kit) running at DDR4-2866 by literally just picking the DDR4-3000 XMP profile and lowering the speed down to 2866. Performance like that has been pretty good. Maybe due to the low CAS latency, but i beat a whole heap of 4x8 32GB machines on firestrike with the same video card and cpu…

Anyway…
Just picked up a second kit of the above and of course now i am running 4 modules of dual-rank hynix memory on a Ryzen 2700X :smiley:

i.e., pushing my luck / pretty much worst case scenario for Ryzen memory speeds :smiley:

Now, i’m not expecting to get anywhere near DDR4-3000 rated speed, but right now i just set it to standard DDR4-2133 to get up and running.

For a memory tuning noob… a few questions:

• is it worth tweaking SOC voltage to try and get faster memory speed?
  • the CAS latency on these sticks is pretty low (C14) so i can start tweaking that larger to help? which other timings have the most impact?
  • is anyone else running Hynix modules in 64 GB configuration? Any idea what i can reasonably expect without spending days tweaking?

I’m not after tweaking to the Nth degree, just a stable 24/7 speed without spending a week on it :smiley:

Any help, tips, etc. appreciated :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.