Ryzen 1700 vs 1600X for streaming games

There is the L3 Cache and unified cache that accounts for the variation in listed specs.
I mistakenly wrote 12MB for the 1500 when it should be 16MB L3 cache

Wtf. L3 and unified? What are you talking about?

Every CPU has 16MB of unified L3 cache except the 1400 which has 8MB of total L3. 8MB per CCX. 4 per ccx on the 1400. +512kb of L2 per core.

Unified is the total which is 20MB.

What @DerKrieger said is true, I was slightly wrong as only the 8cores have 20Mb and the 6 and 4cores have somewhat less L2/L1 cache as they have less cores- but all of them minus the 1400 have 16Mb of L3.

Okay then why are you claiming the 1500X only has 12MB of cache?

That's wrong whatever way you look at it. It has 16MB of L3 and 512Kb of L2 per core. For a total of around 19MB. + A tiny bit of L1.

Please stop spreading false information. This is like the 6th time I've seen you do it.

If you read a later post I corrected the mistake.

I see. Well you should edit or delete your original post to avoid confusion.

I think you need to back off.
Accusing me of intentionally spreading false information?
it's one thing to be a pompous and arrogant, but now you go too far.

I don't think it is intentional I just think you're misinformed. I've seen it multiple times as have others. Just asking you to check your facts before you post. Especially when making recommendations to people.

We all make mistakes but you seem to more frequently and get defensive when people attempt to correct you. This forum is for sharing knowledge and helping people. I don't think it is pompous or arrogant to want correct information posted. Especially when people are making a purchasing decision.

I'm not going to get into another pissing match with you.
Just asking you to think about it.

I'm not going to respond anymore. Interpret my statements how you will.

1 Like

Lets stay ontopic and keep it cool guys thanks.

I'm curious, does anyone know if there is any binning done between x and non x CPU variants? I wonder how AMD decides some chips get XFR? Would this affect the potential overclocks for the cheaper model?

The non X variants are usually 100-300mhz slower on max stable OCs. Like a 1700 on air typically gets 3.8-3.9 where the 1700X gets 4.0ghz, and the 1800X does 4.1-4.2 max.

I have seen reviewers say opposite than that and its silicon lottery. Im not sure you or anyone can call that as fact yet.

I have had them, and seen a lot of people that have used them getting similar results. A lot of it is silicon lottery but the non-X chips tend be be slower than the X variants as that is how they are binned.

I flamed ....then reconsidered.

You like everone else dont know what AMD is doing with the chips.

This binning and only select people get the golden chip is rubbish. It down to yields and demand.