RX 6800 + Manjaro, some textures and elements not rendering correctly in some games

Hi all,

I have a weird problem I’m hoping some of y’all can shed some light on. I’ve had the RX 6800 for about 3 weeks now. Everything seems to be working fine. I updated to kernel 5.10.2, and am running mesa git 21.0.0, Linux firmware 20201218.r1803, and llvm 11.0.0-4.

Some games are working well. I have played hours on Cyberpunk 2077 and Overwatch without issues.

However, I am having issues with some other games. GTA V is not rendering the world correctly anytime I walk outside of a building. While inside buildings everything is as expected.

However, as soon as I head outside, it looks like this:

I also have an issue with Lost Ember. The ground is all black, it does not look like this in Windows.

Is it possible I am missing packages? I have tried different versions of proton and that does not seem to be the issue. Any suggestions for troubleshooting are appreciated.

I believe you need to be on mesa 21.2 or newer for proper support for that card

1 Like

Does mesa 21.2 even exist?
@knishofdeath did you found some fix? I have the same problem

There is a 21.0 it is not release I don’t think yet as that is currenltly listed as 20.3.3 on their website.

Edit: whoops @knishofdeath is already on 21.0 and it rezultsed in this post in the first place. Ignore me.

I have seen this happen depending on proton version, (I know you mentioned you tried different versions, but not sure what you tried)

I found for GTA V to work the best when I run proton 5.13-4

I’m not using any special commands and it works well.

I am sorry, I meant 20.2

Unfortunately proton 5.13-4 didn’t help, and mesa 20.2 nor 21 either. I guess it’s a bug in driver then

1 Like

No fix yet, still have no clue

This is a bug with using ACO on some games, revert back to LLVM which should fix GTA5 (its just a variable). Also make sure your using radv and not amdvlk or whatever it is.

Some variables I use with GTA5, the main one that is helpful here is the llvm one. I use these all together with Heroic launcher.

A bug report has been made for this issue over at mesa github issue tracker I believe.

PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1,
RADV_DEBUG=llvm,
ENABLE_VKBASALT=0,
MESA_GLSL_CACHE_ENABLE=1,
MESA_GLSL_CACHE_MAX_SIZE=2G,

1 Like

@The_Riddick Do you have RX6800 and those parameters fixed GTA 5 for you? I tried and unfortunately still black flickering

your cache need flushing.

Yes it fixed it for me, yes I have 6800XT

Cache folders/files

username/.cache/mesa_shader_cache/

and

dxvk cache file in the games root directory.

It worked! I was using Lutris, and there was also a bug in Lutris that prevented changing shader complier. It was fixed today, so If anyone has this problem then compile lutris from git and set RADV_DEBUG=llvm