Rugged tablet recommendations

A friend of mine is looking for a windows tablet to use on his farm. It will running in a dirty environment (think pig pen) so I’d want something rugged that can deal with some dust & abuse.

Requirements:

• Must run windows (the program this will be used for is windows only)
  • roughly 10’’ display
  • SIM card slot (for mobile internet; there’s no wifi in the stable)

Does anybody have experience with something like this? Would you go for a rugged device or just get a regular one and add a case?

Thanks!

Panasonic still make the “tough” series. https://na.panasonic.com/us/computers-tablets-handhelds/tablets

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll look into them

Getac is identical to Panasonic but much cheaper. Dell also makes rugged stuff. Panasonic would be the premium brand for rugged.

3 Likes

Ok so Panasonic has the Toughpad FZ-G1. The others either run android, don’t have mobile data or aren’t sold anymore (at least not in europe).

Getac has multiple models that fit the bill. ty @gordonthree

I’m surprised to find fans on these considering they’re meant for dusty environments.

1 Like

Have to hose em out now and then… I’ve had a getac b300 out in the rain before, it’s a good way to clean the keyboard… That’s a rugged laptop however.

I also support a number of the F110 tablets, I actually like them better than the laptops. Never had one in the rain myself but do know theyey do get tossed around a lot, in and out of vehicles, briefcases, etc. Two big batteries on board gives them great runtime.

+1 to these (Getac). we used to run toughbooks (from say 2008 to 2016) but pricing is taking the piss.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.