RTX 4070 or RX 6800 XT upgrade

Looking for 60+ fps at 1440p, high or ultra settings hopefully “future proof” for a a few years at least.

My 1070 ti shit the bed trying to run Starfield so it’s time to upgrade, any thoughts on the above cards? Or anyone in the know aware of new products coming next quarter that might be comparable?

1 Like

Here’s the thing, they are literally 2% performance difference.

I would say go AMD, but then I am an AMD massive fanboi. So whatever you go you will be fine for a few years…

1 Like

Why not a 7800xt?

Both are good cards, you’d likely not be able to tell raster performance differences, like @psycho_666 said, it’s pretty negligible.

The big differentiator is if you prefer one version of frame gen better than another, if you need ray tracing performance and, of course, local availability / price.

and if you use Linux or plan to use it, then definitely the AMD card

Honestly no reason to go Nvidia unless you have projects that need CUDA - and this is coming from a (former) Nvidia fanboy.

1 Like

saying as the 6800xt is better at 4k, comparable at 2k and 100 less than a 4070… its not really a comparison unless your going for the brand name on the box.
but that being said, if you have the extra 100 for the 4070, jump to the 7800xt and get even more bang for your buck as its in the same 550 price bracket as the nvidia card.

and this topics 4 months old :frowning: … necro’d for no reason. @1almond