Routing cables into network closet at home

I am finally going to wire up my house with ethernet. Between all the cameras and drops I am adding I would like to have 20+ cables and room for more run into a closet in my home.

I am not comfortable putting a large hole in my top plate and I don’t want it to look like swiss cheese either. But I do still need to get those cables in there somehow. It needs to look neat, not weaken the top plate or any structure of the house, have room for other runs in the future, not be an air leak, and not break the bank. Also my genetic memories may compel me to burn down the entire house if a mouse gets inside.

Even though this seems like it would be a common issue my, admittedly pathetic, google skills have not helped me find how others are addressing this issue. Is it because the issue is so obvious that no one bothers talking about it? (Yes, I will delete this thread if that is the case :stuck_out_tongue:)

My current idea:
Add a 2x4 to the rafters.
Attach 2" pipe with pipe straps to the 2x4.
Install gang box into joist.
Cut hole in ceiling for new gang box.
Put pipe in gang box.
Affix a face plate with a 2 inch hole to gang box.
Wrap pipe with foam insulation. Spray foam around gang box. Plug any open pipe with some copper mesh and or foam.

So what is the “correct” way to do this.

Since you may at some point feel an itch to add 100G (or more) fiber to the home network, I would not glue in the cables in any way.
Your idea sounds sensible enough to me.

Oh please let this happen some day