Roto shock Rack(Military Case) on the cheap, real cheap

@wendell @ryan @kreestuh Need something to do with all that subscriber monies.. /s

$160 plus what ever the commercial shipping is..
Pretty sure this is a 16U..

Manufactured for a famous cruise line
Huge 26" x 36" x 36" dimensions!
Interior metal frame for hanging your own racks or shelves!
Doors on 2 sides for easy access
Extending hinges allow doors to open flush with walls
4 locking wheels
4 heavy-duty pull handles
Twist wing closures with 2 key locks (keys included!)

Note: This item is shipped by commercial carrier curbside.

Unloading is the customer's responsibility, including off the back of the truck.
This product ships in one box, measuring 36"l. x 26"w. x 42"h. and weighing approx. 115 lbs.
No expedited delivery. High-value orders require a physical street address,
otherwise insurance costs will be added to the shipping total.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/commercial-grade-transit-case-like-new?p=E724M&i=677668 :boom::boom::boom:

I will post these links to give you an idea of the cost of these things if you do not know..

I think this one below is a smaller model..It is a 12U..

2 Likes

Looks skookum.
The amazon link didn't work for me [in Canada].

This was the only thing I could find in amazon ca..And it is a smaller version a 10u instead of a 16u..

1 Like

Shipping comes out to 140.99. If I had any need for one I would pick one up, since this is serious discount even after shipping.

Wow, I thought it would be at least $200..
But yeah if I could afford one I would buy one just to resell it at a pretty good profit..

I was thinking the same thing but I live in the middle of nowhere so finding a buyer would be nearly impossible. Total after my membership discount comes to $268.98, I may need to think on this for a while.

I live in the middle of nowhere as well..

I am friends with a veteran that did a military case mod. It came out pretty nice.
I suggested that next time, she makes a Mil-Spec hardened case mod. Something that could survive being tossed by airline luggage handlers. I engineered a few plans that she liked.

This would be a perfect case for that.

1 Like

None of the links come out anywhere near that, they are all all 1000+.

Whoops, the very first one is super cheap. It just did not link into a box, only text so i missed it.

Sorry, go on.

Yeah sportsmanguide doesn't make a nice fancy box..
Edit: Bolded it and gave it a emoji..

That would be sweet to see..

A quickie design sketch.

Race car window webbing mesh suspended from mini coil over shock absorbers from a radio controlled truck and then a PC floats between the webs. The inside of the PC, like the CPU cooler and graphics card, would be secured with webbing also.

1 Like

If that kind of suspension would be the goal I would put the case on its side and suspend the machine in the center ^^

Add gas buffers and you in theory should not need to modifie the insides as all shocks would be absorbed by the suspensions and absorbers ^^

1 Like

I agree, but it is a just quick sketch and I wanted to work with the picture that the OP posted.

I only put in barely enough 5 minutes of effort in order to illustrate my idea. Any actual design would need real engineering and testing to make sure it would work. I think you understand, because your refinement suggestions made sense.

The"Artistic License" or "I ain't doing any more until you pay me" defense. :slight_smile:

1 Like