ROMEB8-2T with Proxmox and LSI 9201-16i

Hi. Back with another issue on another issue.
So here is the situation. I am using a ROMED8-2T with a LSI 9201-16i.
The issue with this is the when I first booted the system it came online and I passed through the LSI 9201-16i and everything works just fine… BUT after rebooting the machine I find that the LSI card is no longer visible to proxmox under lspci. After doing some tests I even find that if I start the VM with the card in the system, turn off the VM, then turn it back on the card fails to initialize and no drives are shown in the system. I also then realize that the card is not seen on the main system boot, it does not initialize, the system just boots straight to proxmox.

My only solution at this time is to remove the card from the ROME system and place it in a consumer motherboard, boot it to the cards BIOS which shows on this board but not ROME and then place it back in ROME. After that I calmly hope that everything works, boot the VM, and then leave it and hope I don’t have to reboot. This issue is hard when I am trying to get the hardware stable for a other issue I am having.

Searching the internet for this issue I haven’t found anything like this so if anyone has seen this before or knows of a solution I would appreciate the help.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.