Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Discussion [Spoilers]

chat about rogue one with spoilers

I enjoyed it quite a bit but some bits like where they went to "rescue" her farther at the end WTF did they get the ship from

so no spoiler tags needed?

no spoilers tag avalible

and leave im about to spoil it :D

I'll do it.

Vader massacres some rebels and it's awesome.

3 Likes

i thought you didnt see it :P

no, I did.

yeah i was thinking about someone else :D and i really want to tag them here :D

I enjoyed the movie a lot more than I initially thought I would. I love how they made the ending lead into the beginning of Episode IV.

4 Likes

yeah when it got close to the big ship getting destroyed and darth was on the ship i was like umm how are they going to link this and the way they did it was decent not amazing

Overall score 55/100

Breakdown:
+I liked the effort they put into not using 3D renderings
-...because when they used it, it looks VERY cheap. Ceramic doll level of cheap on the characters. The ships are okay-ish.

-The ending is EA style (more Bioware style, you get the idea) because for some odd reasons a wild ship appears and everyone (well, not everyone) dies. Whenever a film needs to kill more than the main characters to come to an end, it either has a build up to that (which was kinda given) or it is not "re-view" worthy.

+Intended as a standalone prequel to Episode ? Dunno. Not much of a starwars fan here.

-Another death star

episode 4 a new hope where the same ship that came out the bottom was being chased at the start by darth

Gotta love Vader's ruthlessness.

4 Likes

Oh! The Blockaderunner scene! I knew I knew that ship!

1 Like

yup thats vader for you :D

yup and it works pretty well dont you think

Could have gone further with the Vadernihilation. :D

Not really. The taste of success is completly whiped away by the "death star card". -> Another thing I hate. Just Deathstar and done. Again...

1 Like

do you mean the bit where vader was in the tank or the guy walking up to him?

I mean I would have loved to see more how Vader causes absolute terror like its some Alien movie haha