Risky behavior with expensive stuff! A review of the PINECIL

That is way better than balancing a gas-iron on a fork!

5 Likes

It pays to have good equipment

Lot of us hobbyists don’t do that and I would say that that is our biggest problem. If we have a hobby we should spend a lot of money on it. While This particular product isn’t the example of spending a lot of money. I’m just making a general point

1 Like

Amen to that.
As a proud owner of a mid-range scope, mid-range bench PSU and mid-tier soldering station, the high-end multimeter is just too much fun to use.

3 Likes

Yeah, I definitely been looking at a lot of higher end equipment because I’ve realized not only does it save you time. It also lets you diagnose things you previously wanted to been able to do, particularly if you were limited in scope or bandwidth

2 Likes

This thread has reminded me that I still need to pick up a bunch of different tips. Not that I’ve used either the pinecil or ts100 that I picked up a year ago, but ya know, for someday when I actually do.

1 Like

I find the only two I really seem to use are the chisel and the point. The other ones just hang out in the toolbox 99% of the time.

1 Like
1 Like

Professional use. Used it to solder 4x Y harnesses to tie into key power on some pile drivers that are installing solar farms in central California.

7 Likes