Rig Upgrade - Gaming + 3D

Hey everyone. I've had my current rig for the past 2 1/2 years and lately it hasn't been meeting my needs. It's my first ever build and now I want to upgrade. 

My Current Rig:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 760 Lynnfield
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 Hydro Water Cooler CWCH50-1
  • Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156
  • Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 470 
  • RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
  • Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
  • Power: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
  • Case: COOLER MASTER 690II Advanced

My Upgrade List: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/38YKZ

• Motherboard: Z87 Extreme4 ($100 @ Microcenter)
  • CPU: i7 4770k ($270 @ Microcenter)
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H90 ($80 @ Newegg)
  • RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2400 ($170 @ Newegg)
  • Storage: Crucial M500 - 480GB SSD ($220 @ Newegg - Already Ordered)
  • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 3GB ($519.99 @ Amazon)

---- Parts being reused:

• Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB
  • Power: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
  • Case: COOLER MASTER 690II Advanced

I will be reusing the Case + Power + Hard Drive from my current rig along with these upgrade parts. 

Just wanted to hear some thoughts on this build. Seems pretty solid to me but would like some feedback.

I'm going to be going more into Adobe After Effect, Maya, 3DS Max as well as gaming. As of now, I can run these programs fine but it's extremely sluggish and just a huge hassle with my current rig. I've never overclocked so I'm not 100% if I'll do it with this new build but I might if I feel comfortable doing it. 

My budget is roughly $1400, now $1200 since I just placed an order for a SSD. I'm willing to go higher if I NEED too. 

Looks nice. That's a great price for that SSD didn't know they were getting so cheap.

Looks great.  Look into the Noctua NH-dh14, perhaps?  High end air cooler that should perform around or better than a H90.

Thanks for the suggestion on the cpu cooler. I looked into it and it's got some great reviews. Will pick that up instead of the H90. 

Might want to look into lower profile ram just in case the cooler heatpipes are low.

Also does the Noctua NH-dh14 fit properly on the MOBO I'm picking up? Some are saying it might not fit Socket 2011 motherboards. Not sure if my MOBO is that or not. 

That's what I fear as well. The cooler is huge and it looks like it'll cover the Ram sockets however I looked at their website and my MOBO falls under their compatibility list so I assume it's okay? 

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=34&lng=en#LGA1150_ASRock

I looked it up some more and a member has stated that the RAM I'm getting works just fine with the Noctua NH-dh14. 

Alright, that sounds good.  I wasn't too sure about the slightly higher G.Skill RAM Heatsink.

just curious about this, but do you really need 2400Mhz ram?