Rgb led

Well I bought everything else for my new computer... I might as well put some LED's in it as well. Since I haven't actually done this before, I am not sure what to get. I got an ASRock x370 taichi motherboard, and it has two 4 pin plugs on the board for led's. I see a lot of led's that connect to a sata drive, and the 4 pin plugs, but I haven't manage to find any that connect to this motherboard. I also have a bitfenix chassis, which has a little led controller in it, though its just a button switch. So anyone who has done the flashy led install on their computer who would like to guide me about a bit, I would appreciate it. Lets make it shine.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I recently got these and they work really well. They are super bright, I set mine at minimum is perfect. The magnets work well. It is controlled by a remote so you need no software, but you only get 12 colors with the remote. The WideBeam really spreads the lights around.

after ---- before

They can be controlled by ASUS motherboards and maybe you don't need to get the whole kit for that. They sell just the strips if you want to chain them together. I would get the kit in case it doesn't work with ASRock. CableMod also makes the Hybrid RGB+W strips that can be controlled to make more colors.

I like the LEDs that Daz Mode sells. I think that I got them from Performance PCs.

Oh nice I see these CableMod have 4 pin headers in the pack... which is exactly what I am looking for. Doesn't ship to Canada, but I might be able to track something like this down. Thanks.

These ones at DazMode look like they got the same connector on my bitfenix aurora.

Go directly to Daz Mode, then. He's located in Canada.

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you... They got some nice looking stuff and extension cables too. I might have to buy more to put on the back of my monitor to make the wall look all shiny . :slight_smile:

His are the only UV LEDs that actually produce a decent blacklight effect. The competition is crap. With the right coolant, or dye, the UV LEDs really make the hard lines and reservoir pop.

The same brand sells just the LED strips for like 5-6$ or something...
They are proper RGB, but the controller makes them 10 colors, but since you will not use the controller and only the RGB strips - then just get those for 6$ and you are done.

ALSEYE Computer Case LED Light SMD 5050 Magnetic 30cm Silicone Dual LED Strips DC 12v Backlight (1 pair) Color Blue, Red, Green
http://s.aliexpress.com/zEzIjamI
(from AliExpress Android)