Resource Management VMs and containers

Hi,
Recently, I managed to gather some parts for my home lab and I want to redo my whole setup, and I need some advice for how to split the resources:

What do I need:
NAS - TrueNas - scale or core?
Plex Server - for my private videos
NextCloud
Sonarr
Transmission or qbittorrent ? - For those Linux distro .iso files.
Windows VM for remote work on home network.

For the NAS I have the choice between an Intel 8400 or an Intel 12600, both with 32GB ram. The 12600 is more powerful and efficient but sticking it in a server for the next 5 years is weird, it can be used for a decent workstation, on the other hand the 8400 has fewer cores, less efficient, but it’s a discarded part so, not going to miss it (also the motherboard has only 2 ram slots, no more ram upgrades). What is the better choice?
As bulk storage, I have 6 seagate exos 16Tb, I was thinking of making a RaidZ1 with 5 drives and keep one as a cold spare, to prevent wear. Most of the data it’s not critical, the important parts are duplicated on other cold drives.

And now containers and VMs. I played with the TrueNas scale, with container, and got a lot of random errors, not starting or running just fine. Also, because I keep my data in a huge SMB share, with one user, I had problems with permission, every container wants its own user.

One solution that I found is using a laptop with busted lid and screen with an Intel i7-1165 and 16GB of ram, installing proxmox on it and running a container for every app. It uses 5-10W on idle with windows.

Last paragraph, long post, splitting resources: leave TrueNas only for storage and SMB, put on laptop:
Containers
NextCloud 2GB ram/32Gb os storage and mount SMB share,
Plex 2GB/ 64Gb os storage same SMB mount,
Sonarr 1GB/16GB SMB mount
Transmission or qbittorrent 1Gb/16gb
Vm
Windows 4GB/128Gb

That leaves 5Gb of ram free (1Gb for proxmox) that I could use for HomeAssistant (with AdGuard and Vaultwarden) that’s running on an HP thinclient right now.

Is something that I’m missing, conflicts, before I start setting up all of this and making a huge mess of my data? Any input is appreciated.
Sorry for the long post, here is a virtual potato :potato: