[Resolved] Issues with single GPU passthrough after disk partition was created for host

Using Manjaro here on this setup, with a 1070 that gets passed through to the VM when it boots up and handed to Linux when it shuts down.

I created a partition today to give Steam (on the Linux side) some extra storage space; but when I partitioned the drive, and went back to boot my guest OS it would no longer boot. The libvirt logs aren’t exactly being helpful either with “shutting down, reason=failed” being the only response. One of my virtual drives is on the ssd which I partitioned.

On the visual side of things the display goes dark (as per the script, which disables display-manager.service), and a while later the login UI of Linux returns, instead of the usual VM boot up screen.

Is there any way to get more error information out of this without sshing in and starting it via command line or no? Or is the solution much simpler than I am assuming?

Well, never-mind I figured it out, and it was a lot simpler than I thought. I installed pi-hole earlier, and the kvm doesn’t like pi-hole’s custom version of dnsmasq. Guess now I have a new problem to solve, installing pi-hole on a desktop with a kvm while not breaking the kvm.