Requesting Help with Note Taking vs Note Consumption Software Methodologies

In the past I discussed my notes/bookmarks workflow and also asked what others did/do. It was very helpful and informative. I have since narrowed down my note taking/bookmark (links) solution to .md files on a local shared drive broken down into folders for each project. In addition to the .md files I also use the folders to house any images, photoshop files, pdfs, etc. that are related to that particular project. I’m currently using Obsidian as my file explorer and note taking application. I was using TiddlyWiki but I wanted the freedom of individual files.

My current thoughts/dilemma comes down to how to format/template the notes for consumption purposes. For example, do I just use basic file management and wiki links inside of Obsidian to build a basic table of contents and wiki setup? If yes is the trade off of not being able to dataview and other Obsidian plug-ins to make my note taking easier worth it?

My issues seems to stem from editing a document vs viewing/consuming the document. I have a history in website design so I love making websites to show my work, written and otherwise. I love the simplicity of individual .md files to gather thoughts and keep things organized in a file structure (I even used tags in TiddlyWiki to create a folder-esq table of contents for navigation). I also love a nicely formatted wiki (ie: dokuwiki) where the written/edited work is also the consumed work.

I feel like I’m missing a piece to a puzzle on how note taking, documentation, wikis, sorting/filing, and consumption all work together. Or are my expectations of writing the information down once somewhere and being able to consume it later in a way that it all fits together unrealistic?

My other issue is that I’m trying to avoid walling myself into a specific garden or application. Right now anything other then .md editing and folder functionality locks me into Obsidian. IE: If I use the wiki links and dataview plugin to build an automated wiki and something happens to Obsidian, or I want to stop using it, then I loose that functionality.

Am I trying to merge the concept of notes/thoughts/ideas with documentation/information and that is where the issue is arising? Is there really not one single solution for both? IE: Use .md files for notes/thoughts/ideas but when I want to build a world, story, or document something I use a wiki/website solution?

Thanks in advance for anyone who made it to the end, and thank you even more if you manage to respond with any advice/thoughts!