Requesting Help - After installing GPU drivers the best I can do is reach recovery mode

How do I know what the last eight lanes are

Count the pins. If you have another board with a PCI-E x4 slot you find and mark on your GPU with a marker where youā€™d need to apply tape in order to turn your GPU into a PCI-Ex4 gpu. It will have the same effect as what GigaBusterEXE has suggested.

Dedicated PhysX GPU performance dependence on PCI-E bandwidth | PhysXInfo.com - PhysX News this might help.

My eyes arenā€™t what they used to be but I think I covered the right pins. It didnā€™t make a difference in the end. Windows keeps tripping over itself. Iā€™ve had to run check disk and get Service System Exception BSoD from time to time. Canā€™t seem to figure this out. Feels like there are a number of things wrong here.

AMD might honor an RMA, but could it really be the processor if I get post?

Fairly interesting update. For a split second, windows sets the right resolution and then crashes immediately. This is after I changed the PCIe breakout to 4x4. Not sure if that offers clarity.

Its been a long time since Iā€™ve seen this happen but I have seen mechanical drives and sometimes SSDā€™s cause weird issues including preventing computers from posting or staying stable. Iā€™m just going to guess youā€™ve unplugged/removed all of your storage and tried to live boot some flavour of linux off a USB stick.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.