Replacing the motherboard in a laptop

I have an acer c710 chromebook, and as far as i can tell, the body is the same as the acer aspire v5 171. I was wondering if it was possible to replace the current motherboard with an aspire v5 171 motherboard from ebay. I know it is a bit over the top, but I enjoy playing around with these kinds of things and it would be a big upgrade over the current celeron inside. my question is, is it possible? can you link me to other people who have done it or somthing similar before?

I would say give it ago but! no way is there no risk you know?

I personally do not think it is possible. maybe try eyeballing it? check out a image of both boards and see if there is any major difference.

personally I wouldn't risk it as you may just brick the whole thing.

[ noob knowledge ]

ok I just eyeballed it my self and it could be possible they seem to look the same. hmm maybe take the risk.

Get measurements of where the io and screw hokes are. It's entirely possible that they line up the same but unless they line up exactly the same then it would be a waste. Also having fun tinkering aside, what do you hope to gain by doing the swap?

Honestly, I don't think it will work. Make sure both motherboards have the exact same screw holes in the same places, same display connector, speaker connector, etc, and same charging adapter.

Display voltage & current could be an issue.
The project is quite risky as there are so many small things that could go wrong, but if they parts are inexpensive and you are willing to accept that then go for it.
Just remember rule of acquisition #72, the riskier the road, the greater the profit.