Removing python

So the title seems like a stupid question but I need to remove all versions of python on my machine in windows. I have them stored all over the place and I have no idea how to remove, uninstall, and delete all of them. Basically, I keep running into issues with running and installing python modules because of the multiple versions being installed. Any help would be greately appreciated.

First adress would be the control panel (now settings - sort of) and looking into programs and apps (fast lane to this is right-clicking start button, then programs and features).

If it’s not in there I’d start by searching for Python in the windows search and hoping it’s indexed.

1 Like

Check your %path%

1. windows key + r
  2. cmd
  3. Enter
  4. echo %path% > temp.txt
  5. Enter
  6. notepad temp.txt
  7. Enter

Those are all of the locations, each one seperated by a ; ,that your computer will search for python and also arbitrary win32 executables/scripts.

Either make sure python gets removed/deleted from each of those locations.

1 Like

Although not answer to your question, once you remove all what you want to remove and decides to stay with python, install some kind of virtual environment manager (I prefer lighter version of Conda - [miniconda])(https://conda.io/miniconda.html).

This way, you have separated folders with python executables and all of libraries. That way you can always specify, which environment to use (libraries/modules including executables).

1 Like