Remote management on the Asus Pro WS X570-ACE, under Linux?

If anyone is still experiencing RAM instability and random power cycling on this board, you might have to tweak VDDG. I have VDDG CCD set to 1.1V and VDDG IOD set to 1.0V on the latest BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.7.

I’m going to make another run at the RTL8117 this week. My goals are BIOS redirection via ACCE and bog-standard serial-over-LAN for the “client” OS (Linux).

EDIT: I ended up burning the midnight oil and working on it last night and… wow, what a disaster. I thought SURELY the latest firmware, 10 months later, would make it a bit more stable and open up some of the missing functionality, but it’s exactly as everyone has described above. Just enabling the KVM feature was enough to make the system un-(re)bootable. I tried setting up the serial console on ttyS4, from the RTL8117 device, but I can’t figure out anyway to get into it. In short, nothing works.

I have a lot of devices hooked up—and a lot of features enabled e.g. SR-IOV—so there could be a compatibility issue causing the booting. I think if I cared to spend any more time on this I’d first strip the system down to the bare minimum and do a full CMOS reset. Unfortunately I need this particular system to be up and running and stable so I guess that will have to wait for another day.

I thought maybe I could repurpose this board for a headless virtualization host but for the time being at least I’m going to keep shopping around…

3 Likes

Hi,
I am also thinking o getting one of these boards (Asus PRO B560M-C/CSM) and will use it with Proxmox. So were you able to fix keyboard issue? Is it all ok ? Can you reinstall OS remotely?