Reliable PSU brands?

What I am trying to explain is that brands do not matter. It's just a sticker. Quality depends on manufacturer and the internals for the PSU.

1 Like

i really don't want to continue on with this conversation. all I'm saying is that I've had great experience with Corsair power supplies and i can vouch for the RM series if OP considers them. End of Discussion.

1 Like

Out-sourcing alone can't be an indicator of quality, but it does instill a sense that the final product is not in their hands. I can see where both of you are coming from, but for all intensive purposes it seems that corsair puts their name on quality PSU's.

Not realy corsair have had some crap in there range of units like the first set of CX units (there new oem for the CX units isent that good ether)
The rule is dont take something from a reseller on its name research the unit find its oem and find a good review of the unit (try jonnyguru, HARDOCP or RealHardTechX) for incredibly in depth review's

Budget. Will be buying a 970 now, then upgrade in a few years to a second one.

1 Like

You get what you pay for.

Seasonic, Superflower (EVGA if you live in US) and FSP are the top notch PSU makers around.

Seasonic has my vote, Corsair is hit or miss, stay far away from their "i" series. XFX is also made by Seasonic so that's a plus. I have 5-7+ year seasonic psu's that are still doing just fine, there are very few manufactures that make such quality psu's. Yes it sounds fanboyish but its coming from my experiences.

Most are CWT now though.

Depends entirely on the OEM as most brands have many different OEM suppliers.

Seasonic are OEM for - XFX, Antec HCG, some Corsair, some Coolermaster, +others & of course Seasonic themselves

~~ Corsair use these OEM's - Channel Well, Seasonic, Flextronics, Chicony

Posted this a long time ago - was a sticky from memory. whateves here it is.

Look up a brand - check the model's OEM supplier - if shit, avoid.
May be a little dated and wont have the latest models but one can check by seeking out applicable reviews and check what is under the hood.

1 Like

Add some of coolermasters stuff to the list

I've always had wonderful experiences with Corsair.

enermax does high quality too.

People need to stop looking at Brand and start looking at OEM.

Superflower, Delta Electronics, and Seasonic are the OEM's that most the most reliable and best rated PSU's, FSP is pretty good too.

brands like be Quiet and Antec, and Seasonic use these OEMs, (seasonic as themselves)

Brand doesn't mean anything always check the OEM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153205&cm_re=850w_power_supply-_-17-153-205-_-Product

Scored a 9.2 on johny guru and looks like my next investment.

just picked up a seasonic snow 1050 :)

1 Like

You know (the original) johnnyguru works for Corsair, right? lol

He and I got to have lengthy nerdy chats at Computex. We had a tough but great conversation about build, quality, testing, quality control, OEMs, etc. I am satisfied they put in a lot of quality work in validating the quality at this point and that (at least at present) the build and qc process is solid. I got to play with some of their lab testing equipment. As long as they are following this process, corsair will be a solid brand. Some models can be configured in software for single or multi-rail operation depending on your preferences. It was interesting and I got a lot of details.

Well you know its all well and good thay work for Corsair but thay are not biased in any way thay look objectively at psu units and test them to a very good standard testing the more important things like riple,pcb soldering,component origin and quality testing and overload voltage regulation and temperature's rather than the average site saying basically 'i put it in a computer and it dident explode and it looks nice too' lol
-L still dont trust any psu made by cwt (channel well technology-cx units) TBH.

xfx ~= seasonic. and seasonic is da best

1 Like