Regarding the new Zweihänder album

Well don't abandon hope :) Classic rpgs are making a bit of a resurgence these days!

I guess that means the album was right on target? I'd definitely be interested to see what a Zweihänder game looks like.

1 Like

@ir7xps Logan posted first screens of Zweihänder indie game on his instagram.
See this Instagram photo by @rtwlogan • 617 likes

3 Likes

Huh, I figured it was still on the drawing board, not actually being "made". Out of pure curiosity, do you happen to know what software that is being used? Unity?

It's Unreal Engine

Is it really that similar looking to unity? God dam...

I'll see what I can do then.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing work Logan!

I think once I finish listening to Höllental on bandcamp I'm gonna buy all three albums. Been needing to do that for some time.

I have noticed some themes from earlier albums, but they're used in such a way that I think they improve the music overall. But that's just me.

Yeah... we have been writing the story for a very long time... it's pretty epic, imo, lol. Also, we have a very distinct mechanic that hasn't been done before... The gameplay with be 2D... with a big twist.

4 Likes

the aesthetic looks very interesting. Can't wait to see more.

hi logan (and other people)

First : i really like the new album!
But i was wondering if its comming on spotify, like the other albums.
Not that i don't want to pay you any money, i fact i am verry much willing to. (since i know spotify doenst give a lot of money to music creators)
It's just that, spotify is my main music source so having it on there would be a mayor convenience.
hope you read this, and don't misunderstand me

p.s. english isn't my first language, i do apoligise for any grammer mistakes

2D with a twist...do you mean more like Fez or Miegakure (or is that classified?)

Looking at those level designs, we can all see what he means... Implementation can be really the thing that seals the deal... Fully 3D world with 2D gameplay is not something new. However, it has never been done well before. So the new twist they have may change that. I'm quite curious...

I'm sure many people can relate. I know many people who've been slowly chipping away at their own story or fantasy setting for years, sadly few ever get to the point of finishing and releasing their work. Best of luck with the project!

@Logan I am a noobie at video game asset production but If you would give me a chance It would give me a reason to work on my skills. Just give me a direction and ill do my best to meet your expectations. I don't expect to be paid, experience is my currency.

I really liked this one compared to the last albums, and I like the old ones. This feels more complete and more like an actual album with a theme or story, but there are no words. It flows better making it very listenable where as the other ones felt more like a collection of songs with no real unifying theme or aim, which is no slight but could be a little jarring at times. This is not like that and I really like that about it.

1 Like

Logan talks in detail about getting the community involved in the development of the Zweihander game in the The Tek Episode 206:

"I think we're gonna get the audience involved in the development process in some ways. We've been discussing how to do this; so I'll be posting on the forum if you're interested in contributing or helping out, what we'll do is post a list of assets that we need, you know like small things, and if you guys have modeling experience or whatever you can jump in there and submit your stuff."

If you want to hear Logan speak more about this topic the time stamp is from 2:11 to 3:40 in the video below:

Doesn't spotify let you add your own music? If not, switch to Google Play Music, it does.

Bought the album when it came out, been listening to it a lot, and forcing my coworkers to listen to it as well. We've pretty well came to the same conclusion as the other critiques here. It mostly sounds like a soundtrack, something you'd have on in the background while doing other stuff or something else. While that seems to have turned off some people, overall I am enjoying it, and will likely keep it in my listening queue. While not the highest praise, I figure if I'm wiling to listen to it, that's still pretty good.

One thing I did feel that hasn't been touched on is that I felt the drumming sections were the most inspired parts of the album. 3:22-end of Slay The Chopper I felt was the best part of the album initially, which kind of let me down that it peaked so soon. Listening to it a few more times, Dargons Must Be Lonely grew on me a fair amount, the drums were top notch, and the melody flowed nicely. I like It Came From The Mountains a bunch too, and the others are alright, I'm not going to go through every song and list what I like and dislike.

Overall positive, but I think I'm a sucker for the stuff that's a bit harder.

1 Like