Regarding the Future of These Forums

Hello again everyone!

Logan and I have settled our differences and I consider the matter between us resolved.
We will be making a joint statement together, Soon. Update: Joint statement here: www.teksyndicate.com

I will be continuing on with the forums as they are, but at a new domain name: level1techs.com

I have decided I will rebrand these forums and the content that I’ll be doing as Level1 Techs.

Why Level1? Well, the name Level1 is a bit tongue-in-cheek. It’s meant to be a bit funny. To someone that doesn’t work in the tech industry, Level1 sounds good. To insiders, the Level 1’s are the entry-level folks – the lower tier helpers. At one time or another, we were all Level1; we all had to start somewhere.

The aim for the channel, and our community, is to be that ‘somewhere’ for a new generation of nerds. We aim to bring together both technology enthusiasts and professionals to accomplish more using our collective minds, skills and resources.

To that end I will be rebranding the following three channels under the Level1 umbrella:

There is some work ahead with the rebranding – the forums will be located at level1techs.com (though we have l1techs.com and level1.tech which I kind of like ;)

It will take me few days to launch everything, get our ducks in a row and wrap up my exit from my old company.

For those of you that wish to contribute via patreon, this has been setup: https://www.patreon.com/level1

Do note that I plan to disclose to patrons a breakdown of spending on a monthly basis. The money there will, at least at first, be used entirely to defray startup and production costs.

I will update this thread as the transition develops.

You can also follow me on twitter @tekwendell and https://twitter.com/level1techs

Details and additional/official annoucement to come.

Going forward everyone is, and will continue to be, welcome.

201 Likes

inb4

53 Likes

Watching this thread

25 Likes

So if I read it all right, pretty much what most people wanted is happening?

23 Likes

yes

10 Likes

Should've been Layer1Tech, as "Layer 1" of the OSI model references to Physical media like Ethernet ports.

8 Likes
14 Likes

got any ideas for a news show name?

12 Likes

At first i thought level 1 like help desk and support.

2 Likes

News at Level 1?

News at Layer 1?

1 Like
36 Likes

it took me a while to cook up HardReset, Communitek and The LAN

eventually I'll come up with a beauty

3 Likes

PRP
Professionals Report Poorly.

28 Likes

Cyberside Chat, kind of like Fireside chat ;D

11 Likes

Regular News Report

*reference to Regular Car Reviews channel

1 Like

I dig it.

EDIT: I guess not \/\/\/

2 Likes

I hate cyber this and technologist that.. just sounds like things people come up with that have no connection to what they're trying to describe.
Kinda like how the french come up with words to describe computer components. shudder

21 Likes

good

I like making tech acronyms....hmmmm

2 Likes

help me where is the lounge /s