Reconstruction

Finally ordered the last of the parts that I need for the upgrade to my pc. New cpu, mobo and ram as well as a rework to the custom waterloop.

Current build.
Cpu: Fx 8350 and 4.7ghz
Mobo: Asus sabertooth 990fx R2.0
Gpu: 2x evga 980ti classifieds
Ram: 16gb Corsair vengance
Storage: Samsung 512gb 840 pro, 2x Samsung 500gb 850 evo, 2x 3tb wd black hdd
Case: Panteks Enthoo Luxe
Psu: Evga 850 p2

New parts.
Cpu: Intel i7 6900k
Mobo: Evga x99 FTW K
Ram: 32gb Trident Z
New reservoir

due to slight differences in the motherboards have to rotate the top radiator to have the ports to the front. That causes interference with my current bay res so I got a new res. There is also a possibility that I will have to move the bottom radiator forward a little so the new res wont hit the gpus.

new watercooling parts

so purdy.

prepping the res pump combo for planned layout.

Once the motherboard arrives I will be starting work on everything after testing parts to make sure everything is not doa.

10 Likes

Motherboard arrived yesterday. Got it set up on the box at home to find out that the board is probably dead.
New one should be on the way in a day or two.

1 Like

>.< But keep us informed!

Replacement mobo arrived. Might try to test it tonight if I have time. Heading out of town for the weekend tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what made you choose Broadwell-E over Ryzen?

I bought the cpu before ryzen came out and then my house ate my extra money.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the happenings shortly after the civil war from 1865 to 1877.

When you installed the waterblock on the 8350 did you save the intel attachment stuff.
I only ask cause sometimes I am tempted to throw them out but ya never know :slight_smile:

I still have all my extra watercooling parts. Unless a grimlin stole them.

1 Like

Perfectly fair reason. One way or another, you’ve got a badass CPU

Was finally able to test the replacement motherboard. Same symptoms as the first board. Either I have 4 dead sticks of ram or a dead cpu but I still dont get any error leds which is what throws me off. Going to try ram in my dads system this week. Maybe tomorrow.

Might visit the evga forums and see if I can find someone with the board that I can talk to.

Not been a good weekend.

So after more than a month. Two motherboards and two cpus. I finally got the system to post. Turns out that for some reason having the motherboard sitting on the box it came in was shorting something causing the board to not post. After taking the board off the box it boots just fine. Have to give a big thanks to the tech that helped with that solution on the evga forums.

So now I just have to wait till after this weekend to start teardown due to a photoshoot that I have to edit photos for.

1 Like

Person wanting photos had some stuff come up so I tore my computer apart.

Adding block to second gpu

Clearance issues.

Had to move the rad to move the res so it will clear the gpu.

Board in.

Gpus test fit.

The mess in the front of the case.

Slight issue.

Fixed.

Loop complete and leak test running now. Still some more work to do.

2 Likes

Did some more work last night. Got home later than planned but still got it up and running. Have some adjustments to make still.

Had to cut the io cover to be able to use it with the gpu backplate.

Top rad needs moved a little so the top cover will snap back on.
Have to shave a little material off of my home made hdd plate so I can mount it again.

It works now and I can use it while I work on a few more things.

1 Like