Recommended payment processor?

I have gradually been migrating from Freshbooks to Invoice Ninja and I’m generally happy with that decision.

In general, I prefer to get ACH since there’s no fee, but I’m looking at payment processors to offer for smaller invoices. I tried Paypal and of course that was the same dumpster fire I remember from the last time I used it. They currently have about $1k of my money “on hold” for no apparent reason. It’s not a new account, I have been using it for years…

Invoice Ninja offers:

• Stripe
  • WePay
  • Braintree
  • Paypal
  • Authorize.net
  • Mollie
  • GoCardless
  • Square
  • Eway Rapid

I am familiar with some of these but not others. If anyone has a recommendation, I’ll be happy to go with that, otherwise, it’s just going to be trial and error. Other than hard pass on Paypal, I have no feelings about the others.

The ones I’ve used most often in projects are cybersource, authorize.net, and stripe. I’ve used paypal plenty also, but yeah they’re not my favorite either.

Stripe is probably who I’d look at first. Authorize.net is a little clunky these days, and cybersource sounds like it might be overkill for what you’ve got in mind.

1 Like

There’s Parallel Economy, which was created in response to people being banned from using payment processors like PayPal for political reasons. But to be honest I don’t know much about what makes a payment processor “good”. It’s just meant to be censorship-resistant.

1 Like

I’m not going to have this problem, and depending on who specifically they’re servicing, I’d have mixed feelings about it… we should not get into that here though.

I’m going to try Stripe and see how the process is. Might fallback to Wepay though as they are owned by Chase where I have my business account. Says something about quicker transfers to Chase accounts. I’m realizing that’s also what I’d been using through Freshbooks and was actually pretty seamless.

+1 for Stripe here. Never had a problem. It “just works”

1 Like