Recommendations of software to test hardware

no i have not

Another thought crossed my mind… have you checked you cable connections / nvme drives seated fully?

no but after cleaning my mouse lens the mouse issue has been resolved. The boot freeze issue is not consistent enough to worry about. I can check on the drives.

1 Like

Glad the mouse issue is resolved and you have something work on when things get more serious.

so the issue is back. I moved my receiver to the front of the case to see if it makes a difference. I will also try the mouse wired. I can also try my old wireless mouse.

starfield…
apparently the system requirements are complete fantasy so will crumple any system. :slight_smile:

but seriously… a couple of demanding games, furmark, prime95, is about all you need.
other stuff like hwinfo to monitor your system while you stress test.

Yea … at this point it’s almost certain it’s the mouse. Common enough issue / failure.

ya I am also thinking it is the mouse. I moved the usb receiver to the front no issues so far. I will continue testing. I think stress tests are not needed at this time. The system has been performing fine for 4.5 years now.

1 Like

Yea … the drive fit test probably doesn’t need to be run but as for the smart test it takes like 10 seconds to see if the drive(s) have any smart errors or anything pending.

Up to you!

i can do that

1 Like

You said it sounds like a Hardware problem. Well, with nothing but your post to go on, it sounds like to me too. I’m a PC tech/builder of 40+ years.
So I’ve seen just about every failure that a PC is capable of.

My thought is your system’s Power Supply, may not have good rugulation when first being turned on. I’ve actually seen that before, although it’s not all that common. You can’t check it with Software. I own several Digital PSU testers. That is the only real way to check the several different voltages that a PSU puts out.
Actually the easiest way to eliminate the PSU from the equation, is to replace it with a known-good PSU. I always keep a spare on hand, because you never know when one will go bad.
Good luck,
:coo:

1 Like

thanks for the info. I will check it out.