Recommendations for used digital camera (~200€)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for a used digital camera in the price range of about 200 Euros.

I am by far no experts when it comes to camera, I am definitely willing to learn.

Also I think cameras are rather reliable and don't "just" break, therefore I'm including the option to buy second hand.

DSLR, Pocket cam?

What will you be mainly using it for? Videos, pictures, etc.

No DSLR since I'd also like to record videos. However I think (who knows what the future holds?) the main use case are going to be pictures.

Don't worry about buying the camera body and instead focus on a lens system. Camera bodies can always be upgraded while the lenses can always be used from one camera body to the next. So find a lens system - Nikon, Cannon, Sony, etc..... - that you can readily find and buy cheap and buy into that system. Good pictures and good video depend more on the lenses than they do the camera body. Most cameras, even your cheap used cameras will shoot 1080 video and will take pictures above 16mp so don't worry about the quality from the camera body. Get a good lens system and learn to use the camera well, watch some videos about composition and lighting. Remember the most important piece of camera gear is the 12 inchs behind the camera.

I think that is your only option maybe..

But it depends on what you want.

DSLRs do video btw.

Do you want something big or small? Interchangeable lenses or built in lens?

I also agree with @Angrywelder in your using an interchangeable lens system, you'll keep the lenses and replace the body every now and then.