Recommendation Request: Mining Crypto on Idle Hardware (No GPU)

Standby, waiting on the resource. A good buddy of mine does that, he makes like $300 - $500 a weekend, I think he said. He does it passively. Waits for certain crypto to drop and buys them and then sells them back, something like that.

I have no first hand experience, but it seems less daunting than mining from what he told me.

https://www.binance.com/en

@oO.o

1 Like

Is this something Iā€™d use my extra compute resources for or are you saying I should just trade crypto?

I was asking if you had considered this, yeah. I donā€™t think you need compute resources for the above, it would be akin to day trading.

Proof of Work (PoW) is used by many crptos to secure the system and requires mining.

Proof of Stake (PoS) is an alternative, less energy hungry form to secure the system. It does not really use that much resources , but still rewards participants.

Trading cryptos is interesting, make sure to read the whitepapers like everyone else does ( :rofl: )

Personally though, I think there is easier profit in makro trading than high frequency trading, but to each their own I guess.
If you want to subscribe to binance (or coinbase) and you donā€™t mind, Iā€™d have a referral link for both.

Oh thatā€™s right. I have heard of that. Any particular pos crypto you recommend?

Yeah, while I have a surplus of compute, I do not have a surplus of time, otherwise, yeah that would probably be a profitable thing to spend time on.

1 Like

Try reading the op next time.

was a joke

Not directlyā€¦ Dash would be pretty good but to take part in the staking you need to own a masternode amd in order to own a masternode you need to have 1k Dash :smiley:

Similar to Ethereum, when they finally switch to PoSā€¦

Myself, Iā€™m running a Nano node for free, so no profits being made on that front.

Long story short, read up a little. Since it isnā€™t resource expensive, you are free to rum various nodes on the same machine. (If you can afford the initial staking).