Recommendation for a small formfactor media PC with HDMI 2.1 and 8K@60Hz?

Hi All!

I’m looking for recommendations for a small form-factor (SFF) PC to serve as a media PC, but I’m specifically looking for one that can output 8K video over HDMI, preferably up to 8K@60Hz though 8K@30Hz would be OK. For 8K@60Hz, I believe that means it must support HDMI 2.1. I would like to avoid the use of a DisplayPort to HDMI converter in this, if possible.

I’m not planning on doing any gaming on this system, the 8K is mainly for demoing the tiny amount of 8K video available online.

For this I would prefer a prebuilt (NUC, MinisForum of some type, etc.) if I can find one that can output 8K over HDMI. I’ve done many PC builds of my own for desktop systems, so if there’s no pre-built available but I could assemble something pretty small from parts, that’s an option. Considering the cramped space, though, I would prefer not to have to build this one myself.

I’ve searched for this a bunch myself, but haven’t found any SFF prebuilt with HDMI 2.1 that does 8K. I can’t tell from Intel’s UHD 670 documentation if the iGPU on something like a Raptor Lake is even capable of 8K. Putting aside that question, I haven’t yet found any SFF that claims HDMI 2.1 onboard.

The situation is even more nebulous for AMD. I haven’t been able to find any APU-based system that claims 8K support or mentions if it has HDMI 2.1.

With both Intel and AMD having just released new generations in the past few months, I’m wondering if the documentation just hasn’t caught up, and there is a nice pre-built that I’ve missed that can do what I’m looking for.

I appreciate any thoughts or recommendations on systems to consider.

Thanks,

enchanter

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.