Recommenced RAM for 128 GB On Rog zenith extreme alpha x399

Hi guys !
Just bought 128 GB (8 x 16 GB) of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 for my Rog zenith extreme alpha x399, but unfortunately, it only recognize 64 GB of it.

I need 128GB for work (ai stuff) : Does anyone know of a particular ram model that would be fully detected as 128GB out of the box on this motherboard ?

I checked the QVL, but to be honest, i would feel much more re-assured if someone out here can confirm that it fully works.

Thanks guys !

Motherboard : Rog zenith extreme alpha x399
CPU : AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X Processor (YD295XA8AFWOF)

I personally don’t see why that combo wouldn’t work. Make sure everything is seated firmly. Try enabling/disabling XMP. Might even try a BIOS update (not sure why this would be necessary since I believe the mother board is supposed to support 128GB OOB). Sorry if that’s not super helpful, but I don’t believe changing the model of RAM is going to fix the issue either.

Tried everything, even reached out to a company that specializes in that kinda thing : they updated to BIOS, disabled XMP, changed timing, voltage, tried different slots, nothing more than 64 GB.

CMR64GX4M4C3200C16 is not listed on pangoly’s compatibility list,
so I guess it’s my fault. But i cant afford to waste anymore time on this, if anyone actually made it work, i’d be super grateful.

P.S Just in case someone could find that info usefull, i dont mind running the RAM below 3200 :slight_smile:

Again, tks a lot guys

1 Like

What are you using to tell you this? If this is what Windows reports then don’t trust it. Different versions of Windows have RAM limits to encourage you to upgrade to Pro or Pro Workstation.

I’m talking about how much RAM is reported from the BIOS (no OS loaded yet)
The OS I use is actually Linux (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.